neighbours tree

jaybo1973

[Qskyhuck;1092438]I sorry but unless I'm very much mistaken both the above are completely wrong, your neighbour does not have the right to steal your air space with their tree. The over hanging branches can be removed, to boundary, they should offered to the tree owner, if the tree dies or is unstable (which I personally think is nonsense) tough, the tree should not have been planted so close to the boundary.

That was my thoughts to. Notice they planted on the right side of their garden so not to block their own sun light.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In instances like this I don't think you can expect the general public to recognise tree species and know their potential size when buying a house, not sure where the op is but I see many trees planted that just aren't suitable for a 20m suburban garden

There is the access to neighbouring land act if it's needed to climb the tree, never used it but it's there for these instances I believe.

Delightful out not, it is far too big for our small gardens. Not true about getting permission though, as far as I understand I don't need it, but by asking me in writing if we can dispose of the branches, they have given it.

I agree with you, you have done this the right way, it's always best to try the amicable approach, & it may well be that the neighbor just doesn't want to contribute to the costs, either way, that doesn't help you get a solution, get an arborist to look at the tree & see what they come up with.:001_smile:

Birches never respond well to heavy pruning, especially at this time of year.

If the contractor you've spoken to is going to do it from his ladders the tree can't be that huge can it?

Pictures always help.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

If the contractor you've spoken to is going to do it from his ladders the tree can't be that huge can it?

Pictures always help.

Yeah, it's huge. Spoken to him earlier, he is bringing a tower scaffolding.

The attached photo isn't the best due to the sun setting

1397065055663.jpg.27e9257a033d31294db4ae3308265eff.jpg

Pictures always help.

Yeah, it's huge. Spoken to him earlier, he is bringing a tower scaffolding.

The attached photo isn't the best due to the sun setting

"Please be aware that your common law rights are intended to allow you to

carry out the minimum amount of work. If you carry out extensive works

and in so doing you make the tree unsafe, the tree owner may have a case

against you for criminal damage." for this reason, be sure whoever does the work is qualified and insured.