Which two stroke

Arblew

I was told by a dealer the other day that if I bought a 550xp that I would have to use husky chain oil or the warranty would be void and also that there was a sensor in the tank so when plugged into a laptop will tell husky what has been used!

I had never been in the shop before and will never go back.

Some dealers are a wee bit better than others.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

i know that the disc cutters have a similar system i think its called oil guard but it can be disconnected

Been using oregon two stroke for years seems a good enough oil.saws breakdown whatever oil you use especially when getting worked hard.The husqvarna dealers that say you have to use husqvarna two stroke oil or the warranty will be void are talking rubbish time to get another dealership

also that there was a sensor in the tank so when plugged into a laptop will tell husky what has been used!

I have heard this said a few times. I wonder if this is actually true? Or is it scaremongering by some dealers?

I have read the operating instructions for the Autotune Diagnostic Tool, and am amazed by what it can tell you, but I can see no mention of any sensor, or fault code reading associated with the type of oil used.

I am keen to find out more about the diagnostic tool before I invest, so if any has one/uses one please tell us how you get on with it.

i know that the disc cutters have a similar system i think its called oil guard but it can be disconnected

The System on the Disc cutters is to pick up that 2-stroke oil is in the mix.

There is a dye in special the Husky oil for this engine, without it the engine will run but not rev up.

So you could still damage the engine idling on neat petrol.

I was told by a dealer the other day that if I bought a 550xp that I would have to use husky chain oil or the warranty would be void and also that there was a sensor in the tank so when plugged into a laptop will tell husky what has been used!

I had never been in the shop before and will never go back.

Some dealers are a wee bit better than others.

This is utter twaddle( I would have used harsher language but didnt want to offend).

A machine manufacturer cannot force you to use a certain brand of oil to validate their warranty. They can recommend a brand of oil. But if you find another oil with the same spec as the one they recommend then it is fine for the warranty.

So when buying a saw or bit of machinery ask the dealer what spec of oil goes in it rather than the brand. Then you will be fine.

If anyone wants I can email them the EU law that got passed that oulawed this practice.

Hope this is of help

Jon

This is utter twaddle( I would have used harsher language but didnt want to offend)

Twaddle wasn't quite what I thought at the time he said it 😁

As I said I won't be going back in there, some dealers are better than others