Greenmech Quadchip 150... any good?

treediver

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive only ever used timberwolf chippers so don't know anything about Greenmech. Been offered a spotless 2010 model with low hours. Ive read on here about tanks splitting and them being abit flimsy?

Are they sturdy & built to last? - its 34hp but not a kubota engine......or is it better the devil you know and stick with another timberwolf?

Thanks

Or look at the forst :)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Ive used one of the first ones that was made!, it has been back over 10 times to get fixed! a very unreliable chipper, very poorly built, i advise you steer clear of buying one, yeah ok there turntable and under 750 kilos but thats where the good points end! Greenmech are very poorly built get something, anything german!!

Not had a problem with my one.

I wouldn't let one post put you off considering it.

I wouldn't say its a perfect chipper ( if such a thing exists) but it's been brilliant for my domestic business. Lots of good points to look at.

Have a proper look at it maybe read the instruction manual online to see what kind of machine it is. Phone greenmech and talk through any questions.

Probably a few older threads that might be good to look at also

Ive used one of the first ones that was made!, it has been back over 10 times to get fixed! a very unreliable chipper, very poorly built, i advise you steer clear of buying one, yeah ok there turntable and under 750 kilos but thats where the good points end! Greenmech are very poorly built get something, anything german!!

What utter rubbish. I ran gm for a good few years, well built and reliable. I had a qc and had no problems but there again I look after my gear.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

Ok thats probably put me off Greenmech forever ! The one i'm looking at is an early quadchip so may 'have issues' (?) Thats why I wanted a machine which had been around a few years and had all the bad niggles and problems ironed out ! :thumbup1:

Tw150 have been around 15yrs and they still have loads of problems!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app