The NEW schliesing 235MX - Demo tour

Craig Wilkie

Let’s be honest now, we all have different trucks and favourite bit of equipment this chipper is no different, its why people buy a MS200T rather then Ama TH2510.

I know people who swear by they old rusty red gravely’s and would die if you said you could even buy a chipper for 25k.:scared1:

Some people love Bandits, Vermeer the list goes on and on. If you don’t want one then no one is forcing you to have one. :001_smile:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being funny Craig, but selling machines isn't just about demo'ing them.

I used to sell generators and power tools.

I would regularly get asked why there was such a big different between say Bosch Pro (Blue case) and Bosch DIY (green case).

I could reel off exactly why one is more expensive than the other and why certain generators would last longer than others and where the extra expense is.

As a machinery dealer you should know the machines inside out and also be able to explain the extra expense.

For example cheap end power tools use either cheap unsheilded needle roller bearings on either end of the armature, whereas more expensive or pro tools use sealed ( not shielded) ball race bearings which are sometime three times the price of the cheaper bearings but will give a vast difference in performance and life of the machine.

Also carbon brushes, some are cheap, some have kick off pins that push the brush off the comm when worn instead of burning the comm.

I can look at a TW and then look at a Scheisling or Bandit and tell you what the differences are in engineering, when I went hunting for a chipper I did not look at brand, I looked at build quality.

I'm sure that scheislings price "is" reflected in the build quality, but the "sell" may include explaining this to potential purchasers of your machines not just demo'ing them

Dean, thanks for you positive response, I have been involved in wood chippers since i left school and indeed been aware of them for all my life, you could say i was brought up on them, wont bore you with the details. i do know all about the machines and could rattle off loads of facts just didnt think this was the time or place. also i do not like to compare machines against each other, i would not want people misunderstanding me and thinking i was being negative about another product