The NEW schliesing 235MX - Demo tour

Craig Wilkie

I can appreciate paying more for a quality machine,and I think in the right application and for the right person that machine would be a winner.

However in these tight times the asking price might automatically disqualify it from the lower priced but adaquate competition.If I were to buy one and then pay import duty,I would be looking at around £40K.

If I really,really wanted a Schelising I would be more inclined to purchase a second hand model and pay some extra for reconditioning.

Thats my opinion anyway.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id expect that machine to chip twice the size and twice as quick for the money so 12 inch capacity with 8 tonne per hour.

Now i know thats not the case.

I dont think many will be sold and i really feel for current owners of these german machines as your parts must be rediculously expensive.

How ever it sure looks the part and i bet it does a great job i just dont think your getting your monies worth.

Ill stick with a timberwolf.

Prochip still exsist. Very much so in fact. Sales, service, repair and hire of all makes of arb equipment.

Why may you ask do we no longer do Schliesing? Well the answer is simple. 28,150 euros for a 220 (235) and 24,890 for a 200MX ( + 1195.00 for a no-stress). With todays exchange rate of approx 1.10 you work it out. It takes £000's a year to distribute a product. With prices like that sales / returns were just not enough. They are good (prob the best European chipper in my view) but we are all in business for the same reason and we need to make profit to exist.

Prochip continue to supply parts and service for Schliesing chippers and wish Overland all the best.

its not 3cm bigger though mate....thats the thing with the scheisling, its very misleading. the 200mmx is listed as a 5" machine i believe yet comfortably chips 6" and the feed rollers are wider than 6"

the 220 is listed as a 6" machine when in fact it chips nearer 8"

so im guessing the 235 goes nearer the 9" mark in reality?

a better price comparison would be a 200mmx against a tw150

235MX Max wood diameter 230mm x 200mm (8") same as the 300.

I've used Timberwolf chippers in the past (Entec as they were then) and more modern ones, and if I have a choice it would be the Schliesing any day. Many a day fighting blackthorn and hawthorn thru that pathetically inadequate hopper is enough to make a grown man cry. Saying that, they are excellently marketed, superb back-up and made just down the road from me. But for me the Schliesing range has the edge, certainly as a hired in machine. But in these tight times, the cost is the main consideration.