The NEW schliesing 235MX - Demo tour

Craig Wilkie

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I will say is,

There are a lot of fools in arb who are easily parted with there hard earned money for grossly overpriced simplistic bits of kit like chippers driven via v-belts/pullys with pillow-block bearings and little mass market industrial engines and crude steel plate construction, and that’s with reference to TW yet alone schliesing and other makes!

:vroam:

There is a certain amount of uncertainty within Schiesling (the manufacturer). They went into administration some time ago having sold something like 150 woodchippers worldwide 08-09. Someone recently stepped in with a bid but I had heard that they ran away when they found out that they had to guarantee the labour force (60) would keep their jobs on the continuing volume of sales. Other than that, I've not seen many (if any) new machines about but they are still being advertised in the press but the price would put most people off instantly!

There is a certain amount of uncertainty within Schiesling (the manufacturer). They went into administration some time ago having sold something like 150 woodchippers worldwide 08-09. Someone recently stepped in with a bid but I had heard that they ran away when they found out that they had to guarantee the labour force (60) would keep their jobs on the continuing volume of sales. Other than that, I've not seen many (if any) new machines about but they are still being advertised in the press but the price would put most people off instantly!

Are you certain of this??

This tale was doing the round a while back, I asked Alex Price who checked with a German friend who has a contact at the factory, they said the tale was utter rubbish!!!!

That's the info that we had - certainly the german administrators asked if GreenMech wanted to get involved but german employment law is very strict which is putting bidders off. I too, got my info from a german source, as well as an English source. Both of which have impeccable reputations and have first hand experience. If I remember correctly, someone emailed me a copy of the administration paperwork.

Edited by PeteB
extra info.