750kg trailers and tyres etc

swinny

Looking at possibly getting another 750kg trailer again. MOSTLY ROAD USE

Been looking at the p6e and the p7e ifor williams

My old trailer was a wessex 7x4 trailer and 10" wheels

Few questions....

Which tyres do you prefer? the 10" floatation rims? or the 13" ones?

I remember my 10" rotation rims used to move/rock side to side a lot!

I used to deliver logs on the trailer x2 BB at a time. Also for taking stump grinder to and from jobs

Has anyone ever tried X2 IBC Crates? or would this kill the little trailer?

Wondering if i could get away with the p6e or weather to go for the 7ft one again.

Thoughts on a postcard please :D

We have a a p6e, we have had it 10 years now, its had 2 sets of bearings and a couple of sets of lights, nothing else. We have moved a mini digger with it a couple of times and the last time we had it on a weighbridge it was 1.4 ton!! I dread to think how many thousands of tons of stuff we have moved eith it over the years, very tough, wouldnt be without it!

2 x IBC crates, thats probably over 750kg if full of hardwood.

What happens if you get a puncture?, I would recommend a GD85, twin axle, so a second tyre to get you somewhere safe to change the tyre, will carry about 2 tonnes from memory. I do sometimes carry 2 tonnes, even behind a landrover I would not want any more.

A

id highly recommend a bateson 720, most used one we have and still looks like new.

750kg rating (anyone can tow it), twin axle on flotation tyres.. Flat bed so you can drop the sides to empty ( unlike the ifor p7/pe6). Plus if you get a blow out or over load ( we do 95% of the time) your twin axle so spreads the load and bit safer.

jfZWf0NmNW

enysmktmLj

We have a a p6e, we have had it 10 years now, its had 2 sets of bearings and a couple of sets of lights, nothing else. We have moved a mini digger with it a couple of times and the last time we had it on a weighbridge it was 1.4 ton!! I dread to think how many thousands of tons of stuff we have moved eith it over the years, very tough, wouldnt be without it!

Are you on the 10 or the 13" wheels though?

Im thinking im going for 13 if i go for one.

id highly recommend a bateson 720, most used one we have and still looks like new.

750kg rating (anyone can tow it), twin axle on flotation tyres.. Flat bed so you can drop the sides to empty ( unlike the ifor p7/pe6). Plus if you get a blow out or over load ( we do 95% of the time) your twin axle so spreads the load and bit safer.

jfZWf0NmNW

enysmktmLj

I've got a P7e; good trailer on flotations had 2 ton of wood in it :blushing: it was fine :blushing:

Mate has got the above Bateson 720 - now that is a cracking bit of kit; for the money (prob not a lot between it and a p7e) it is bar far the best option - the twin axles buy a lot of safety margin.

I got a p6e with floatations tyres, tows fine when empty or fully loaded. I put a 1.5 mini digger on the back Saturday just too see what it looks like and it fitted with the tracks pulled in. The misses has a picture I'll try and get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk