new saws coming out

hedgesparrow

Talked to a Husky rep a couple of week ago and he said all mid range top selling saw have to meet emission regs because of how many get sold (eg 100,000s) where as top handle and big saws Husky 3120 & Sthil ms880 don't as not as many sold.

Not heard that before. I know saws of a certain cc have different standards to meet, thats why the 346xp went up to 50cc it was then in a different emmisions bracket.

Also there is a replacment for 3120xp coming soon.

In my experience the the electronics on these new saws has been reliable, the problems have all been mechanical and the autotune has stopped pistons being ruined as they would in conventional saws.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having spent all day,(and i do mean all day) trying to load the m tronic software onto our workshop computer,that cost me 400 quid may i add,things used to be a lot easier ,just repairing saws the way we always have,a backwards step for the user and dealer selling the things id think!

Talked to a Husky rep a couple of week ago and he said all mid range top selling saw have to meet emission regs because of how many get sold (eg 100,000s) where as top handle and big saws Husky 3120 & Sthil ms880 don't as not as many sold.

540 is autotune, as will all saws be soon! Personally I think it's more of an attempt to stop people leaning the saw out, seizing it and trying to claim warranty

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

a backwards step for the user and dealer selling the things id think!

I disagree,for the user its good the power and torque is unstoppable on the husky ones any way ..people just don't like change !

Can't speak for the stihl m Tronic saws though and I wouldn't buy a stihl any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I think electronic parts will be cheap as chips ( pardon the pun ) if and when you need them . Look at all the other electronic stuff nowadays calculators etc ......

do not thinks so because its part of the carb it will bound to be expensive.

worked on printers memory for a pc £5 memory for a printer £300. can see it being the same for this stuff. its not the run of the mill H/D or memory but a chip on a carb. bingo calculator time.

do not thinks so because its part of the carb it will bound to be expensive.

worked on printers memory for a pc £5 memory for a printer £300. can see it being the same for this stuff. its not the run of the mill H/D or memory but a chip on a carb. bingo calculator time.

So new carb then ? . Ms 200t was a new carb eater ! :biggrin:

Just some info on pricing wise a new complete carb for the 550xp is only a couple of pounds more than a carb for say the 346xp.

The problem is though the electronics in the carb arent available separately, so, if that part did screw up it would unfortunately be a whole new carb. All the other carb parts are available though.

Only a bit of a guess as I havent had to work on any faulty saws with autotune carbs but im guessing that any running problem straight away is blamed on the electrictrickery.:001_smile: