Chipper Revs Mod

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just stack a pile chip then stack another pile and chip much more efficient dont need to modifiy your machines.

All that slowing down and speeding up will reduce fuel efficiency.

On domestic work thats not always possible, I.m really strict when it comes to running chippers uneccessarily, I stack and chip all the time, my machine is two years old and only has 140 hours on the clock.

You dont always have room to stack or sometimes the stack is a distance away from the chipper.

The revs will not come down to tickover, they would come down to around 1/2 revs saving half non feeding fuel

What about some sort of flexi thing (pencil diameter ) hanging down off the top of the chute which when triggered will actuate a govenor. When i was a young'un i worked on potato harvester machines, and on the scales for bagging up the spuds the actuator was stiff but flexible nylon rod that operated a pneumatic/electric switch. Stood up to a LOT of vibration. Could the brash going in operate this 'lever' and send signal to engine? Sorry- i am not much of an engineer- hence i can visualise it but not really explain it!

It would have to be optical or laser so there'd be no moving parts or nothing to wear and should last the life of the machine..

Bob, I did consider that the other day mounting a hand throttle on the hopper, just to knock it down to half revs inbetween dragging

Fancey a holiday Dean?

Haha, the way I feel now I need 12 months in hawaii, ligged on the beach with a drip feed of valium, someone at home carrying on the business, all bills frozen for the duration of the holiday, every water sport toy available to hand to use including top of the range jet skis, 35ft fast fisher and scuba gear. An endless supply of free beer and spirits, supplied by georgeous buxom hawain girls who are expert in the art of massage and relaxation techniques and are at your beckon call 24/7. Then at the end of the twelve month you come home to find you have won 110m on the euro lottery

After twelve months of that I maybe in a fit state to come over to yours on a shooting holiday / pee up :001_tongue:

After twelve months of that I maybe in a fit state to come over to yours on a shooting holiday / pee up :001_tongue:

After 12 months of that you would either have lost your mind completely with boredom, or started a project building a super jet ski out of the fast fisher. :001_tongue: