Greetings & Warranty issue second opinion?

tetatate2

Well their email stay impartial here's what they say:

"...We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Husqvarna 435

saw .

You can certainly have another Husqvarna dealer inspect your machine.

Please take with you your proof of purchase,if the failure is due to a

manufacturing fault the repair will be carried out under the terms of the

guarantee.

The nearest Service Dealer can be found by selecting Dealer Locator on the

Husqvarna website,

Husqvarna - Global Leader in Outdoor Power Equipment,

alternatively copy and paste the link into your web browser, then either

enter your postcode or town into the search field.

Yours sincerely

Consumer Support "

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well their email stay impartial here's what they say:

"...We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Husqvarna 435

saw .

You can certainly have another Husqvarna dealer inspect your machine.

Please take with you your proof of purchase,if the failure is due to a

manufacturing fault the repair will be carried out under the terms of the

guarantee.

The nearest Service Dealer can be found by selecting Dealer Locator on the

Husqvarna website,

Husqvarna - Global Leader in Outdoor Power Equipment,

alternatively copy and paste the link into your web browser, then either

enter your postcode or town into the search field.

Yours sincerely

Consumer Support "

Thats good enough...it will show the dealer that you are in communication with husqvarna and it will reflect badly on them if they then turn you away

Hi

That's reassuring but it would be good to have some consumer law to quote :001_smile:

I know from experience that there is a now a precedent in most of these things that the "default" lies in favour of the consumer and if a dealer wants to avoid their statutory liabilities (as he seems to in this case) then the burden of proof lies with them.

Whatever reason(s) he has for his conclusion he should be able to stand over to you, and a judge in small claims court if necessary, or he hasn't a leg to stand on.

Supposition, conjecture and waffle simply won't do, he needs hard evidence or you don't pay.

That's OK, I understand you weren't being accusatorial, I'm not an expert but I can't think what I may have done wrong in this case.

Do you really think that 'bad' or old petrol as mentioned by someone in the shop could damage a carb ?

I wasn't being accusitorial but rather suggesting there are lots of ways to slip up when starting out with a saw. I remember picking up and trying the Danarm 110 for the first time and wondering why it wouldn't cut straight. I did not realise the significance of even a slight nick in cutters on one side or how much filing was necessary to get it back on form.

I wasted a lot of time and my money learning the business from scratch as I couldn't get a job, which is why I advise people to work for a firm for a couple of years and let the boss pay for mistakes :001_smile:

Do you really think that 'bad' or old petrol as mentioned by someone in the shop could damage a carb ?

No, the carb is protected by the fuel filter in the tank and as I said there is a gauze filter in between the diaphragm and the metering chamber, I cannot think of any way the diaphragm could be damaged by contaminated petroil. I can see how water in the fuel would cause this problem.

Did the dealer strip the carb to show the damage?

I haven't been to the shop yet just spoken on the phone but, I think yes they must have stripped the carb, I may bet the shop to see the damage tomorrow ( up to know they said it was in their warehouse) .

What sort of damage do you think water in the fuel could do? could it damage the diaphragm, could it do £100 worth or damage ?

No, the carb is protected by the fuel filter in the tank and as I said there is a gauze filter in between the diaphragm and the metering chamber, I cannot think of any way the diaphragm could be damaged by contaminated petroil. I can see how water in the fuel would cause this problem.

Did the dealer strip the carb to show the damage?

Sorry to spoil all of this for you, but yes, stale petrol can, and does damage carburettors.

And petrol is deemed unsuitable for use after 30 days. Just read you operators book to confirm this.

So the dealer in question may be correct, he is after all, the only expert to have seen this saw. He would I guess be only to happy to find a cause that he could pass under a warranty claim, but damage by contaminated fuel is, quite simply, not a warranty issue.

Stale fuel will deform both the pumping diaphragm and the metering diaphragm, and the gauze filter will offer no protection.

But, to be honest, the fuel would have to be considerably older than 4 or 6 weeks to cause damage, unless other contaminants were present. Such as water.

Water in the fuel can sit in the carburettor metering chamber and quickly rust the metering arm and pin.

Even so, a £100 repair bill does seem a little steep, but, with respect to the OP we have only heard one side of the story.

And of course every customer denies having ever used stale fuel, so dealers do get a little fed up with having their leg lifted. But that is no excuse for them not keeping an open mind on every problem they see.

Hi

That's reassuring but it would be good to have some consumer law to quote :001_smile:

sale of goods act 1979 para 14 that the item should be firt for the purpous it is intead for.

they have to show how it is your fault that the saw is now not working.

to say fuel was contaminated. have to be able to show that the fuel has been tested andd shown contaminints in the fuel. can not see them having done this.

i would go back to original dealer and say that you want the saw repaired free of charge. or a new saw less the time you have had original saw or a refund of your money less wear and tear on the machine.

if they will not budge get a second or third opion. write to thenm stating they have 21 days to resolve the issue or you will start a small claims action for the costs involed. so you will need to know what you paid for saw how much it is now worth if in working order what it will cost to repair plus your costs. eg court costs travel cost going to other dealers your time doing this telephone costs electricity cost using pc.postage and paper sending letters. needs to be broken down on the form you fill in for the courts or you will only get what you ask for and maybe less if not all put down. i think a letter saying you are going to do it may make them have a change of heart and fix it. but i found out from a large dealer they would not budge and court it was it cost them as found in my favour. buthad all the evidence to prove it was there fault. good luck sorry for ramble