"Perfect customers!"

dogman

I once did a job for a retired Chef, he gave us bacon rolls on arrival then asked us what we would like for lunch and gave us a choice of steak and kidney pie, chips and peas or chicken and mushroom, we chose Steak and kidney and it was awesome, he made it while we worked.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

75% through a large landscaping job.

Had 4 guys on it for the last three weeks.

Already had 30% of the bill paid.

We've got about two days left to do.

The guy we're subbing the job off came today, had a good look round.

Thanked the lads for their hard work, told us all that he's never had a set of contractors in who worked as hard or as diligently then told Me to stick another invoice in, this time for 50% of the total bill and he'd bacs it over on Tuesday.

Wish all firms paid this well !!!!!!

Sent from bed using Arbtalk Mobile App

On a different vein.

We were taking a large willow down for a couple in their 80's.

2 day job.

In the mornings there were cheese toasties and coffee.

Teas and coffees throughout the days.

Soup at dinner

Buttered scones at three o'clock.

Felt guilty when I gave them my bill

Sent from bed using Arbtalk Mobile App

Once did a big landscaping job for a retired couple he was a retired raf sergant and as stiff as a board she was the most dizzy lady ever. Like chalk and cheese. Tea on arival bacon sarnies at ten meat pies n sausage rolls at dinner tea n bikkys at 3 evry time she came out she told us not to tell him lol he was ok tho gave us a box of beer at end of job and said we had worked hard. Didnt have heart to tell him we would have been done two days sooner if it wasnt for all the tea breaks lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Arbtalk mobile app

Did a job with my boss last summer for a middle aged couple. made us bacon sandwiches for breakfast, bought us fish and chips for dinner, supplied us with cold orange juice and at the end of the day he gave us a bottle of beer each, we drunk them and he was offering us more, he had loads in his fridge. would of stayed for the night if my boss didnt have to drive. never come across customers as sound as that and never will again and on the flip side you get customers that dont offer you anything. they will gladly come and talk to you with a cup of tea in their hand and drink it whilst talking to you but they wont make you one. tight b******s

While working on one job a lovely lady. 84 (they do like to tell you their age) asked what's the procedure for cutting a tree down ? I said I'll look at it give you a price then if you are happy we can arrange a date!

Quote accepted tiny job so did it while we were there, real custard donuts ( bakers not Gregg's rubbish) tea and even a chew for the dog!

Really friendly happy couple paid cash and £5 extra for a beer! Made my day

Two years ago we did a job felling a load of trees on a local village green, were there for about 3 days and 10 mins before we finished the job the vicar (who lived near) came over with a couple of beers, we sat on the chipper with warm sun on our backs drinking beer- live had never felt so good.

That last paragraph is partly a quote from Shawshank redemption though!

I don't mind at all it there's no tea, no biscuits, no chat - I take everything I need for comfort and sustenance with me. To some people, you're just doing a job - I set a price I'm happy to do the work for, as long as they pay, that's it, deal done.

However, and in tune with all the happy circumstances above, Saturday just gone, I was delighted to be offered tea & cake on arrival, bacon & egg banjo and more tea at the midway point, and more tea and chat at the end. The loveliest couple I've done work for - cheque on departure! Now that's a customer that could phone me anytime and I'd help them without a second thought, and if they were in a spot, I'd help them for the pleasure of returning a good deed rather than on a ticket (within reason!!)