Another dog kills a child

scotspine1

Police seize family pet dog after baby is killed at a home in South Wales | Mail Online

How many more babies, toddlers and young children are we going to allow to be savaged to death by dogs?

When are dog owners going to wake up? seriously how stupid are the majority of dog owners in the UK?

letting a dog, any dog - into the same room as a baby, toddler or very young child is about the most stupid thing a dog owner can do.

I honestly couldn't care less if the dog attacked the owner and mauled them half to death, in fact I'd call that justice. It's innocent children being mauled and killed I find so sickening.

Know comment, cos I dont know.

I grew up with farm dogs, and dogs are not generally the problem.

But the dog owners can be.

Life cannot be without risk, but keeping risks under control is the key.

Many people are not safe to drive cars either.

But should cars be banned?

How many children are not murdered by their own parents?

Where do we draw the line?

Shite happens, and always will while there are humans on the Planet.

A whole lot of good things happen too.

Life goes on.

m

It really is a complete and utter joke concerning responsible dog ownership in the uk . Had to laugh when it said the Alaskan malamute was not on the banned breeds list as if ' Pitbull Types ' are the only breeds capable of killing a baby .

Questions need to be asked what you are doing with certain breeds of dog ( In this case a notoriously dominant working sled animal ) and unless you can prove you can fulfill its needs then there is no way you can own such a dog . It is not fair on the dog let alone the humans at the receiving end of its living , boring hellish existence in an apartment block with the village idiot .

But as usual the dog will be blamed ... shame on us ..

Police seize family pet dog after baby is killed at a home in South Wales | Mail Online

How many more babies, toddlers and young children are we going to allow to be savaged to death by dogs?

When are dog owners going to wake up? seriously how stupid are the majority of dog owners in the UK?

letting a dog, any dog - into the same room as a baby, toddler or very young child is about the most stupid thing a dog owner can do.

I honestly couldn't care less if the dog attacked the owner and mauled them half to death, in fact I'd call that justice. It's innocent children being mauled and killed I find so sickening.

It's very unfortunate, but you can't tar all dog owners with the same brush. There are stupid people out there. This animal came home from the pub for Christ's sake, so they didn't even know its background. I wouldn't trust my spaniel alone with young kids or a baby, let alone the rotties. It would be irresponsible to do so.

I've had a rottie kicked by a kid, while on a leash at my side and it didn't retaliate (I did with the parents) but I still wouldn't trust it alone. I know the temperaments of all our dogs but simply would never take the risk, why would anyone?

Many dog breeds are kept as statues symbols- the Chelsea tractors of the car world perhaps, similarly some many breeds are quite unsuitable for their environment. For example why have a Springer or a collie if you lived in a block of flats. The ones that really irritate me are the ones that simply cannot control their dog. The dog sees something whilst on a walk and the owner can barely restrain it on their lead, a few times if had these big dogs pull their owner over to my collie who is also on a lead and a fight ensues- (not between me and the owner regretably!)

Its very sad what has happened but almost as always its not the dogs fault- just the idiot owner.

I'm mortified to hear this news as I share my life with three Mals, one in retirement, two still working & have extensive knowledge of the breed. Two lives have been lost, the child & the dog, because of the parents irresponsibility. The sled dog breeds appear to be gaining popularity but the truth is these breeds should not be owned without learning extensively about them & future life sharers willing to change their lives to accomodate their need to be worked & trained to stimulate their natural instincts. They are one of the most powerful breeds & can pull weights you would not believe possible. You do not own this breed, you share your life with them as they are unlike any other breed you will come across, if you have ever had the privaledge of spending time with one you'll know what I mean. Very sad day for the child & the breed.

I'm mortified to hear this news as I share my life with three Mals, one in retirement, two still working & have extensive knowledge of the breed. Two lives have been lost, the child & the dog, because of the parents irresponsibility. The sled dog breeds appear to be gaining popularity but the truth is these breeds should not be owned without learning extensively about them & future life sharers willing to change their lives to accomodate their need to be worked & trained to stimulate their natural instincts. They are one of the most powerful breeds & can pull weights you would not believe possible. You do not own this breed, you share your life with them as they are unlike any other breed you will come across, if you have ever had the privaledge of spending time with one you'll know what I mean. Very sad day for the child & the breed.

How do you go about working a malamute in England out of interest?