Been down in the dumps but nice day today....

SteveA

Today was the first day, for some time where it's been a lovely sunny day without rain and/ or too much strong wind.

Was only when i got home that i reflected on how miserable i've been feeling, what with being indoors so much and not being able to get on with loads of jobs that need doing.

Just wondering if anyone else has been feeling a bit down-in-the-dumps with the weather? cheers, steve

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was the first day, for some time where it's been a lovely sunny day without rain and/ or too much strong wind.

Was only when i got home that i reflected on how miserable i've been feeling, what with being indoors so much and not being able to get on with loads of jobs that need doing.

Just wondering if anyone else has been feeling a bit down-in-the-dumps with the weather? cheers, steve

HI STEVE YOUR RIGHT mate weather can get you down mate it been raining for week next hope it will be good:thumbup1: thanks jon :thumbup:

Being inside away from natural light and fresh air has always made me less happy. School being inside made me lethargic. I was sleep nearly by 10am most school days. I left school and thrived.

Been inside all this week nearly with a stinking cold struggled to keep warm Thinking of all those things 'I should've got done"

Yes your not on your own Steve. I don't mind cold weather but dull ongoing damp days are hideous.

I feel the same way, got loads on but can't get in them to do it. Tried climbing when the trees are wet but just ended in winding myself up because of the time lost trying and failing to get into a good work position.

Nothing we can do about the weather and at 37 I'm slowly learning!

To quote from the awesome film The Crow "can't rain all the time"

Think the weather has got us all down, coming home every night soaking wet trying to dry your kit ready for the next. But then I think about those poor farmers in Somerset who have lost soo much and are really struggling and it put things into perspective so I count myself lucky and carry on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

Letting the weather affect you is mostly state of mind, I often see it raining when I wake up and I tend to think along the lines of it can't be done today,so I waste a day in the house doing unproductive things. However I find when I just crack on with it whatever the weather- yes I might not get as much done as a dry day but I come home with that feel good feeling that at least I did something productive with my day.

However today for true blessing- almost sun all day!