Climber's Wagon Idea

tockmal

I posted this in the maintenance forum as I have seen many a tool ruined by being thrown in the back of Transits, Canters etc truckbeds/chipboxes after jobs.

This was my solution to the problem - a pickup dedicated to arb tools.

The shelves on the right were homemade in a couple of hours. They keep the saws from getting beaten up rolling around in the pickup bed. I've also fitted hooks for jackets/hardhats and made holders for loppers and felcos/Silkys etc.

I also fitted a ladder rack on the roof of the canopy.

Anyway....just an idea for carrying tools.

pickupski.JPG.4913eae2d639cce89e1f6f146c5f8a73.JPG

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Idea, i've witnessed lots of tools ruined or beaten up in the back of a truck. I'm suprised we don't see more purpoose only tool carrier trucks in this game..

Nothing worse than putting a new saw or tool in the back of an empty tipper, i've done it plenty of times,.The best thing on my new truck is the tool box by far.

Good Idea, i've witnessed lots of tools ruined or beaten up in the back of a truck.

The best thing about the pickup/canopy is not having the fumes from the combi-cans in the cab like in a Landcruiser/Patrol/Landrover etc.

I also run a short-wheel based Diahatsu Fourtrack, and even with the combi cans shut tight the fumes can be hell on long drives.

Here's a shot of the ladders on the canopy.

pickuppski2.JPG.f97495777db1fcb3c6e72fb101c14a54.JPG

That does look like a good set up tockmal!I've used pickups with side doors on the canopy,well handy.How do you rate the Nissan against say a Toyota hi-lux?

I had the same Nissan truck as Tockmal a cousin had a hi-lux, Nissans are better trucks imo, but not that much better,Jap trucks take some beating! i'm on my 5th nissan, I love em..

I currently drive a Nissan Pathfinder

How do you rate the Nissan against say a Toyota hi-lux?

I used to have a Hi-lux, prefer the Nissan to be honest. I dont like the newer Nissan Navara though, Although the Pathfinder is a cool vehicle.

The Hi-lux is just too pricey for work.

I'll probably buy a Transit next, fit chip box and tool boxes etc.. But keep the Nissan for towing my trailer and storing tools.

ford_tipper.jpg

I travel with the combi cans in a gorilla tub in the hopper of the chipper. Keeps the fumes out!!

Hope you store them under lock and key at night?

If criminals cant steal your chipper they'll probably pour the contents of the combi-cans on the chipper and set it alight!