Climber's Wagon Idea

tockmal

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4x4 transits are about to become standard production. Ford is to use a lot of land rover's technology and engineering from the defender. The results should be interesting.

Is that true? Surely the weight and wheel setup would make them a sh*t offroader? Maybe a better towing vehicle though?

Roller, whats wrong with Transits? I've only ever used the older shaped ones, are the new ones sh*t?

Roller, whats wrong with Transits? I've only ever used the older shaped ones, are the new ones sh*t?[/QUOUTE]

Transits imo are made cheap and badly and do not by a long chalk warrent their price, I 've said it a million times on here Jap trucks are simply the best by miles, imo even better than VW and Merc..

If I was going to get a 3.5 ton'ish vehicle it would be a cabstar for sure, uncomfortable yes, a tight squeeze for 3 yes, cr@p off road yes, BUT they never break down, carry weight excetionaly well, carry a good payload , tow well , the engine has plenty of power ,CABSTAR yes yes yes! or single wheel Isuzu saying that!

The best models are from 51 plate to 06, the new ones are good but too expensive imo, there are some super deals to be had on good secondhand cabstars.

If I was going to get a 3.5 ton'ish vehicle it would be a cabstar for sure,

12_cabstar_3513_fnt_3-4.jpg

Roller,

The Cabstar may be good, but it an ugly little beast, I spend a lot of time in my vehicles, writing quotes, eating lunch, reading newspapers, yapping about the problems of the world etc....I just cant see how the Cabstar could be comfortable, in fact it looks worse than a Defender for comfort.

The new one is an improvement, but too bloody expensive. I might go for an Iveco Eurocargo.

EUROCARGO2.jpg