Climber's Wagon Idea

tockmal

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who says a canter isn't that much cop is away with the fairys, the build quality is far better than a transit.

Transits just do not carry a load well, me,my cousins and other relatives have had every commercial on the market,the only good thing about a trasnny is they are comfortable, I had a new one it broke down on the way home from the ford agent, it went in that many times I got shot of it in less than a year.

Thes main reason I got the transit is because i have to take my 4 dogs with me most of the time and when i baught it the cabster was only a single cab.

I have herd that people have had problems tith the transit but i guess i have been lucky! The only 2 issues i have is the low fule econamy and stopping when loaded up.

The guy who told me about the canter is a mechanic who works for a are crane plant company.

My Transit is fine and I've never had a problem with it. I baught it as a import but all UK spec and quite a bit cheeper than direct from ford. I have been told by a few people that the Mitsubishi Canter was not much cop tho!

Arborist, your pic was too big! try making the pics about 500 pixels width or 500 tall.

I re-sized it for ya.

That looks like a nice little rig, good for small streets and driveways, not a huge chipbox, but not bad. I take it all your tools go in the crew seat bit? have you taken the seats out? Shelves, hooks etc? What about a roof rack of some kind on the cab? Like the ones you see on Defenders? I'd also put a ladder rack on top of the chip box.

Is the overhang at the back ever a problem?

transit.jpg.0e91a65495e9660db3626065bc1c1476.jpg

Thanks for resizing the image ill try and work out how to do that later!

The seats are still in as the dogs/other people sit on them but i do put saws bags etc on the floor etween the seats. I have seen a replacement seat advertised somewhere that has a lockable cabanet underneath that you accsess by lifting up the bottom of the seat.

Chip box - the ali pannels ar tounge and grove and are 200mm deep so in the new year im going to make the sides higher bu 1 or 2 of these pannels.

Even tho the chip box isn't as big as it could be when its fully loaded its going to be over its weight limit. I did once have it on a weigh bridge at just over 5 ton.

I am also going to to fit barn doors on the back and make a ladder rack.

I have contacted brown church who make the galv type of landrover roof racks but the more you put on the less load you can carry.

And most inportantly of all get it sign written!!!!

The overhang at the back isnt a problem just a standard crewcab chassie not a extended frame.

The chip box is bigger than it looks.

Tocmal,

Hears the gang!

18092007243.jpg

They are good to take they are a huge talking point, esp when quoting as the client normally spends more time stroking them/talking about then so nearly all ways get the job also when repeat clients ring to rebook they always ask if I'm bringing the dogs.

Hard hats thats funny, i should get them some company doggie t shirts made.

Tried making the pic smaller but didn't work soz!