Buying a new chipper. Advice please

Dr.Green

Hello. I'm buying myself a new chipper, l was going to get a tw150 (almost about to sign a deal) but then noticed the 150 greenmech. The greenmech is £600 more, I was going to go for a tw, only because I run a 125.

I thought greenmech cost a lot more, it seems not, I'm toying with changing my mind.

I know this sounds like the usual Tw vs Gm debate but I think I need to make my mind up pretty fast.

Opinions please - mainly ease of use,servicing,blade change and bearing replacement hrs on average (I do fire wood so won't get hammerd) also they ok to run in 'the cherry'

Cheers. Let chipper battle commence

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Greenmech has a 6"x9" infeed throat, compared to 6"x6" for the TW. This makes a massive difference to what it will pull in (in terms of brash/thorn) and equates to a lot less snedding. It is more on a par with a TW190 for chipping ability in reality. There are many other reasons that I would personally chose the GM but I would suggest that from a day to day operating point of view that is the big difference.

Quickly looking at 2nd hand machines aswell, I've Seen a quad chip for 10+vat 400hrs 2010 which seems fairly clean , I did fancy a Jensen , thanks for the reminder I shall dig online for any for sale. Bandits seem built like tanks so maybe to much for my work type

I was looking at dealer ex hire tw's but paintwork was ruff , hence for a few 'k' more I was thinking of purchasing new (I look after kit/OCD)

My main reason for buying new was I'd know what the machine has been thru in it working life