What's an ms 390 like?

Pooh sticks

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd avoid second hand- it will still command a 'Stihl' price premium on eBay, even though it's not a very good saw. It would probably sell on eBay for only £50 less than an MS362, which is IIRC about £200 more saw.

My neighbour has one, he's always having problems with it. I wouldn't swap my ancient 034 for his two year old MS390.

I had one from new, in 2007 and sold it a few weeks ago, It cut a lot of wood in its day with a 16" bar and regular cleaning and looking after never missed a beat. It's not a pro saw and a ms361 will out cut and out proform it in every way, but if its a well looked after fair priced saw then you could do worse imo.

Mine logged hundreds of cubic meters of firewood with no issues, I miss it :blushing:

Iv had 1 from new since 2005. It was gutless and underpowered from new so I was only useing a 16 inch bar. But last year I drilled out the exhaust, retuned the carb and had it thoroughly serviced. Its now like a different saw, iv been using it all weekend on an 18 inch bar and its been great. I had been thinking about selling it but no way will I be now! I lll be keeping it for using in the logmaster sawbench and rough work like stumps and river work. It is thirst y though compared to my 291 and 461.