somerset floods

tothby1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be a bit of a cynic, but I wonder if the powers that be have miscalculated, I think they like a certain level of disaster, it helps them sell the whole "global warming" thing, which allows them to tax us in the name of green wash. I think there has be deliberate lack of action to allow a certain level of disaster, but its been way worse than they expected.

I could be wrong.

HI SKY the flood water water were i was today is out of control mate it mad james the farmer who move his cows friday his farm i was told is 4ft deep plus now in flood water the only ones helping out down there are the locals helping them selfs out of this thanks jon

I may be a bit of a cynic, but I wonder if the powers that be have miscalculated, I think they like a certain level of disaster, it helps them sell the whole "global warming" thing, which allows them to tax us in the name of green wash. I think there has be deliberate lack of action to allow a certain level of disaster, but its been way worse than they expected.

I could be wrong.

Really!

Don't let the truth get in the way!

Jon

Have you heard any reason why West Moor drain is so low

Environment Agency - River levels station data

HI JOHN JONP may be your man to ask that to i do not no mate sorry but the rivers i seen today well was a eye opener theres no words you can say EGGS SEEN them as live link across then i try to help out but it not good down there it like the sea and wind down gail force 5/6 waves it was mad down there on tv it just not the same i seen 6 20" pumps pushing 10mt push a head out into the river the pump hose there was out of use thanks all jon

but when you see all the millions of square mtrs of roofs roads drives streets concrete tarmac etc in each county you can see how much flood water in each area has increased and the land to soak it up has decreased so water will stay on top

i may be wrong but there are the same number of rivers now as there was 100 years ago in simple terms each county needs two new water courses to sort out these problems which are looking to be a regular occurence

but back then they had water management plans that where done period so i think with less areas to soak up heavy rain and run off from man made surfaces

water management is more important now than back in the 1900's

they need to look at old methods of looking after the levels which worked for years and years when they did'nt have the technology and equipment we have now

mixed with new veiws and tried and tested ways in other parts of the world to get it right

Edited by shavey

but when you see all the millions of square mtrs of roofs roads drives streets concrete tarmac etc in each county you can see how much flood water in each area has increased and the land to soak it up has decreased so water will stay on top

i may be wrong but there are the same number of rivers now as there was 100 years ago in simple terms each county needs two new water courses to sort out these problems which are looking to be a regular occurence

but back then they had water management plans that where done period so i think with less areas to soak up heavy rain and run off from man made surfaces

water management is more important now than back in the 1900's

they need to look at old methods of looking after the levels which worked for years and years without the technology and equipment we have now

mixed with new veiws and tried and tested ways in other parts of the world to get it right

HI MATE in one way your right but what you think of this then talking to a local down today he told me the EA RISED THE RIVER BANKS BY 750MM 1 YEAR AGO :thumbdown:THEY DID NOT DIG OUT ALL THE MUD EA HAVE THE KIT SO USE IT AND HELP THEM OUT DOWN THE EA TOP MAN ARE JOKES:thumbdown: THE CHAPS ON THE GROUND ARE GOOD CHAPS:thumbup1: IF THEY JUST LET THE FARMERS GET ON WITH IT DIG OUT THE RIVER THIS WOULD NOT BE AS BAD AS IT IS WE ALL NO YES IT WOULD FLOOD BUT NOT LIKE THIS THERE SOME PARTS OF THE RIVER THE BANKS HAVE COME IN 60FT NOW THATS JUST MAD:thumbdown: THANKS JON

HI MATE in one way your right but what you think of this then talking to a local down today he told me the EA RISED THE RIVER BANKS BY 750MM 1 YEAR AGO :thumbdown:THEY DID NOT DIG OUT ALL THE MUD EA HAVE THE KIT SO USE IT AND HELP THEM OUT DOWN THE EA TOP MAN ARE JOKES:thumbdown: THE CHAPS ON THE GROUND ARE GOOD CHAPS:thumbup1: IF THEY JUST LET THE FARMERS GET ON WITH IT DIG OUT THE RIVER THIS WOULD NOT BE AS BAD AS IT IS WE ALL NO YES IT WOULD FLOOD BUT NOT LIKE THIS THERE SOME PARTS OF THE RIVER THE BANKS HAVE COME IN 60FT NOW THATS JUST MAD:thumbdown: THANKS JON

yes that is crazy jon the river is too narrow now need to take it out to where it was hopefully now there are enough people on the case something will get done mate

its such a shame that everything has got to hit rock bottom before anything gets done luckily no lifes have been lost

but they have had there badger cull done now as i expect most of them have been drowned by now along with foxes rabbits hares mice voles insects bugs good and bad

yes that is crazy jon the river is too narrow now need to take it out to where it was hopefully now there are enough people on the case something will get done mate

its such a shame that everything has got to hit rock bottom before anything gets done luckily no lifes have been lost

but they have had there badger cull done now as i expect most of them have been drowned by now along with foxes rabbits hares mice voles insects bugs good and bad

HI MATE it bad news all round down BUT THE LOCALS ARE ALL PULLING THERE WIEGHT AS A VILLAGE SHOULD DO MATE IN THIS VERY BAD TIME THANKS JON