Two stroke

Andymacp

I was just trying to illustrate the point (probably pretty badly!) that chainsaws don't present that much of a challenge for the two stroke oil blender compared to the other stuff he has to keep right.

I suppose I was also a bit pissed that some people were dissing the oil at the start of the thread when in reality it would probably do as good a job as the Stihl oil that they cream their pants over, JASO classification is the same after all.

Did they even bother to look up the spec of it before commenting. I'll probably stand accused of being a bit pedantic but this is a pretty good forum and I think it's important to be accurate if you want it to stay that way.

I have a few bottles of this stuff and after reading a previous thread last month there's no way it'll be going in the saws.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Jaso spec is only a very small part of the oils makeup.

Even a cheap oil base can meet the jaso with the right formulation, but other things such as clean burn with low deposits are important.

My understanding is that while that can be the case with API specs, this was the whole thinking behind the Japanese setting up their own testing and standards system as they wanted something much more reflective of the actual performance of the oil.

[ATTACH]147681[/ATTACH]

Does anyone use this?

Is it any good? Boss has bought a load and reckons it's good stuff but I'm not convinced. Pic of the moped isn't filling me with confidence

Looks like your boss is penny pinching at your saws expense :001_tongue:

Weston Tree Services Tree Surgeon Tree Surgery in Inverness and the Highlands

[ATTACH]147681[/ATTACH]

Does anyone use this?

Is it any good? Boss has bought a load and reckons it's good stuff but I'm not convinced. Pic of the moped isn't filling me with confidence

Let me sum it up for you, I used that 4 years ago... Cost me £800 in repairs for seized saws!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

What about Castrol R - now that really smells nice......just changing the bloody subject:lol:

I will probably use up all my Stihl HP and eventually move on to a higher grade oil but have to say that some of my saws are a little.......hot and not had any issues with the oil I use so will stick with what I know.

Not to say that other cheaper or no brand oils aren't as good but at least if you buy an oil manufactured by a garden equipment manufacturer or a preffered partner, you know that it has been designed for the specific use that you are going to use it for.

Any thoughts on Amsoil:sneaky2: