Rain!!!

Jammydogg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a pretty scary day using tractor and post driver on a VERY steep clay hillside today, lost control of it in a pretty spectacular fashion,in just slid twenty meters down the hill totally uncontrollably despite being in gear,i ended up jumping out the cab and throwing the dog out at the same time, fortunately because it was still in gear when it eventually regained traction it was had turned 180 degrees and started driving back up the hill again, so I managed to get back in and regain control of sorts.what made it worse was the drop at the bottom of the hill into a river, would have been game over if it had gone in there!

Note to self - don't work on steep clay fields when the ground is saturated, basically an ice rink with the turves acting as skids!

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!:001_huh:

That sounds scary, glad it worked out :thumbup1:

Had a pretty scary day using tractor and post driver on a VERY steep clay hillside today, lost control of it in a pretty spectacular fashion,in just slid twenty meters down the hill totally uncontrollably despite being in gear,i ended up jumping out the cab and throwing the dog out at the same time, fortunately because it was still in gear when it eventually regained traction it was had turned 180 degrees and started driving back up the hill again, so I managed to get back in and regain control of sorts.what made it worse was the drop at the bottom of the hill into a river, would have been game over if it had gone in there!

Note to self - don't work on steep clay fields when the ground is saturated, basically an ice rink with the turves acting as skids!

Deserves a thread of it's own. Good to hear you got out safe :thumbup1:

Deserves a thread of it's own. Good to hear you got out safe :thumbup1:

:001_smile: cheers, I'll put some photos of the job up in the next few days. To be honest, it was pretty terrifying, I was shaking afterwards, adrenaline I guess and it happened so quickly. Even my digger was sliding sideways but at least I could quickly put the bucket down to stop it, with a tractor you feel pretty vulnerable on slopes like that:laugh1:

i was soaking today too in the swimming pool then a sauna!!. I'm not working in that if i don't need to. i learnt a long time ago to have your account healthy going into the winter so when the pish weather hits you don't need to work in it. served me well for years. :thumbup:

You back up in perth yet mate

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul ,

Still down at the outlaws , hoping to get back to normal in the spring . Been busy jobbing about here though , doing three or four days weather permitting . Was home Sat and Sunday , walked from Blair to Bridge of Cally and back on Saturday , felt good . Sunday was a braw day :thumbdown:

Cheers mate .