Rain!!!

Jammydogg

Hi Paul ,

Still down at the outlaws , hoping to get back to normal in the spring . Been busy jobbing about here though , doing three or four days weather permitting . Was home Sat and Sunday , walked from Blair to Bridge of Cally and back on Saturday , felt good . Sunday was a braw day :thumbdown:

Cheers mate .

Sunday was a belter mate, shite today though and tomorrow not much better!

Keep in touch when your up mate, few things in the go if your interested, doing a bit for scottish woodlands shortly some PTS stuff if your interested

Cheers

Paul

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:001_smile: cheers, I'll put some photos of the job up in the next few days. To be honest, it was pretty terrifying, I was shaking afterwards, adrenaline I guess and it happened so quickly. Even my digger was sliding sideways but at least I could quickly put the bucket down to stop it, with a tractor you feel pretty vulnerable on slopes like that:laugh1:

Ha!! I have been in a kind of similiar situation myself years ago, driving a 3.5t Fiat Ducato panel van with a payload of 2.5t :blushing:, was driving on back roads and came to a particular stretch which was a steep hill and about 400 yards long. As it was shaded, the frost hadn't cleared from the road. By the time I was on it, it was too late to turn back and ended up sliding right to the bottom in 1st gear all the way. Really not sure how I never lost control, and clearly remember contemplating jumping out!

First thing I did when I got to the bottom was pull over and have a smoke :biggrin:

I'm trying not to do much 'proper' climbing work. Everything takes twice as long, which kicks the backside out of my pricing.

We've got plenty of jobs we simply can't do because of the damage we'd do to the lawns.

My truck is starting to smell a bit funny as well.

Mmm talking of smelly I might wash my ropes this weekend. Can u tumble dry them??

Ha!! I have been in a kind of similiar situation myself years ago, driving a 3.5t Fiat Ducato panel van with a payload of 2.5t :blushing:, was driving on back roads and came to a particular stretch which was a steep hill and about 400 yards long. As it was shaded, the frost hadn't cleared from the road. By the time I was on it, it was too late to turn back and ended up sliding right to the bottom in 1st gear all the way. Really not sure how I never lost control, and clearly remember contemplating jumping out!

First thing I did when I got to the bottom was pull over and have a smoke :biggrin:

Haha, funny thing is they say you should never jump out of a vehicle, but I couldn't get out of it quick enough once I realised it was beyond regaining control, no way I was going to sit there and accept my (potential) fate!:001_smile:

Was the second thing change your pants? :biggrin: