660 or 880?

jamesd

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

385/390 is lighter than the 650/660, and much more comfortable to use IMO, 395 weighs about the same, whilst the 3120 and 880 are fairly hefty for more than minimal use

Would you buy something like that for "minimal use", they are around £1500 aren't they ? Mind you if I had that money lying round I'd probably buy one just to look at. :laugh1:

Would you buy something like that for "minimal use", they are around £1500 aren't they ? Mind you if I had that money lying round I'd probably buy one just to look at. :laugh1:

Because they're bloody heavy! And waving a long bar around puts a lot of strain on your arms. Plus a giant saw is worth it when you get something you need it for

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Get a 660 with 25" and 36" bar, much more user friendly, will be used weekly rather than monthly/every other month like an 880 with 36"bar.

I've got a 461 that will happily run on a 25" bar although slower than the 660 obviously, so i'm really looking for a saw that will run on a 36" bar.

The thing is if i get 660 is it a whole lot more different than the 461? its only an extra 1hp?

I was thinking if i go to the 880 i will definately notice the difference and it can be left on a 36" all the time as i run a 20" and 25" on the 461 (which is the saw i use basically all the time)

I've got a 461 that will happily run on a 25" bar although slower than the 660 obviously, so i'm really looking for a saw that will run on a 36" bar.

The thing is if i get 660 is it a whole lot more different than the 461? its only an extra 1hp?

I was thinking if i go to the 880 i will definately notice the difference and it can be left on a 36" all the time as i run a 20" and 25" on the 461 (which is the saw i use basically all the time)

in that case, get the 880

my 460 has a 25", and the 880 36", the 460 does the bulk of the work, and felling on spikes, 880 for big stems only (rarely in the tree) and milling. i wouldnt want a 660 on 36" full time