McDonalds Litter.

Mick Stockbridge

If there were no MDs or fast food they would be throwing Ginsters or tesco hot chicken bags about. I think they wait till they get to a nice village just to show their disrespect. I think its called jealousy

The great unwashed and ill bred part of society will always launch their crud onto the street. Its all part of their upbringing, they are a bit like a dog thats not house trained. There is quite a bit of road frontage to this place and I reckon i could fill a bin bag a week with low life`s discarded food wrappers ,drink cans and fag packets. Its all in the breeding :thumbdown:

Bob

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I much prefer burger king...

Rubbish being strewn across the country from fast food outlets is far more complex than just Mcdonalds wrappers. Its the mentality of some of younger generation these days born out of the throw away society. It need to stop and the number plate idea is a good one.

I have a dislike of a lot of large corporations, for the way they treat their suppliers, the way they treat their workers on the ground level, for their brain-washing advertising, for the goods/services they supply and last but not least for the local taxes they don't pay.

The American corporations take a particularly aggressive stance to anyone who dares to criticise them, quite often to the point of critics being homeless and being made bankrupt.

The endless stories emanating from the US with regards to the largest company in the world, Walmart, are particularly shocking and having been going on for decades. Monsanto is another company who will stop at nothing in promoting their gm crop seeds. Is it right that they can be the only supplier of seeds in third world countries to poor farmers who grows his crop of rice or whatever but then has to buy more seed again every year due to the fact that any seed kept back to grow next year's crop will be sterile. These farmers don't have any choice where they buy their seed as there will only be one supplier in their area. These are people who are barely managing to keep themselves and their family alive from year to year. Last year there was a ninety minute documentary on the Discovery Channel on Monsanto and their likes, about how they treated people in the US and how they are all tied up with the politicians and the White House.

In 1995 there was the famous 'McLibel' trial. McDonalds sued two people, Helen Steel and David Morris, for libel after they criticized them. The trial lasted for 2 1/2 years and the two defendants were denied legal aid even though they were just two ordinary people. McDonalds tried every dirty tick in the book to win and the single Judge, Mr Justice Bell found them not guilty. In fact, the verdict was devastating for McDonalds.

" The judge ruled that they 'exploit children' with their advertising, produce 'misleading' advertising, are 'culpably responsible' for cruelty to animals, are 'antipathetic' to unionisation and pay their workers low wages. But Helen and Dave failed to prove all the points and so the Judge ruled that they HAD libelled McDonald's and should pay 60,000 pounds damages. They refused and McDonald's knew better than to pursue it. In March 1999 the Court of Appeal made further rulings that it was fair comment to say that McDonald's employees worldwide "do badly in terms of pay and conditions", and true that "if one eats enough McDonald's food, one's diet may well become high in fat etc., with the very real risk of heart disease."

You can read the full story on this website The McLibel Trial

To look behind the companies' public face, the one they want you to see, you can check the facts out here Corporate Watch : Homepage : Latest News from Corporate Watch and here CorpWatch*:*Index Reading Private Eye can also keep you informed about what they are up to. Some people call me cynical and negative, I like to think that I am well informed and don't accept advertising blurbs and press releases at face value.

There are many ways you can run a business and I realise that you have to make a profit to survive and develop and to make progress. Thank goodness that the majority of companies aren't run and promoted like some of these examples and others on the websites.

BTW I am not anti-American, Easy-Lift Guy, I have relatives in the US and there are many fine and honourable companies in the States, some of whom I do business with. There are plenty of UK companies who have a track record which is abysmal and continue to get away with it due to corrupt politicians and a corrupt system.

I have probably taken up too much space to reply but I feel that in order to give a proper reply that I can back up my post with hard facts.

Mike

If you think you have a problem with US corporations just wait till China is the dominant force in the world.

Anti-Americanism is the most infantile and potentially dangerous viewpoint in the world today. Militant Islamists hate America (and the UK), North Korea hates America (and the UK), Russia hates America (and the UK), China, Venezeula, Pakistan the list goes on, basically the most depraved nations in the world are Anti-American.

So take a long hard look at the company you keep when you deride the US and ask yourself whose side you would rather be on.

Edited by scotspine1

Don't confuse Americans with Americanism

Americans and Americanism are impossible to separate.

The majority of Americans believe in America with it's universal western values of liberty, freedom and democracy, they also believe quite rightly that American/Western values are superior to all other value systems in the world, this is nothing to be ashamed of, in fact it should be celebrated.

Americans and Americanism are impossible to separate.

The majority of Americans believe in America with it's universal western values of liberty, freedom and democracy, they also believe quite rightly that American/Western values are superior to all other value systems in the world, this is nothing to be ashamed of, in fact it should be celebrated.

Values and reality can be poles apart and probably no more so than in America.

That's it's strength, the right of people to think critically, question authority, debate political differences and the right to disagree using rational argument.

What does that mean??

Sounds like every country on the planet!! Bar 1or2!

What does that mean??

Sounds like every country on the planet!! Bar 1or2!

Go and live in any Islamic country of which there are many then you'll understand what it means. Failing that try China, Russia or North Korea.

If you have anti American views, you are basically saying you have anti western views, if you don't like core western values go and live in a totalitarian regime like Iran.

Go and live in any Islamic country of which there are many then you'll understand what it means. Failing that try China, Russia or North Korea.

If you have anti American views, you are basically saying you have anti western views, if you don't like core western values go and live in a totalitarian regime like Iran.

No desire to live in a totalitarian country, just pointing out the vast diffidence between values and reality.

America is probably a victim of its own success, land of opportunity and freedom, have all the hurricane Katrina victims had help?

We have values and we try but we fall short, way short.

Judge your values on who has been let down the most, of which there are many in these civilised countries.