Nissan Navara

BeanWoody

what year navara is it pre 55 if so a d22 check if it has a yd25 engine if yes whats the miles if its 70k then either say to dealer if engine goes bang will he replace foc or if not then stear a wde berth new engine 2,5k plus fitting not much change from 4k. if the engine has been replaced then good truck mine has AT2 and ben going in a wet field and was still going but gave up as making a mess good off roaders but not like a landy for clearance.

and pulled a tracked chipper on a trailer yesterday did abot 100 miles on a quarter of a tank so not bad on fuel. and go well D40 earlier models heard had problems. hope its ok for price will do you well

Yep £1k to sort out a yd25 if it goes bang.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/arb-trucks/66110-knackered-navara.html

Bob

ive got a 2007 navara king cab, never broken down. not the best off road bar far but ok for what it is. The 4wd system i dont like tho, going from 2wd to 4wd sometime works, sometimes dosent, quite often get stuck in 4wd then and takes a bit of clutch reverse gear, forward gear... and try again. 4low usualy work well tho. cant drive 4wd on the road AT ALL! try going out of a muddy field in 4wd, as soon as you hit tarmac it locks up, (usually as your halfway across a main road and takes a bit of fiddling to get into 2wd to move on tarmac, this is a right pain and very dangerious when there on comming traffic towards you and your stuck across the road! cant usually change into 2wd by the field gate as you usually get stuck in the field... otherwise good truck, lots of power but i wouldn't be getting another.

Poor clutch aswell! Some D40 models are having a timing chain recall because they cant guarnatee they they will last, new engine time if not replaced asap! Nissan probily wont tell anyone about this but if you have a nissan navara d40 please ring nissan with your number plate details to check if yours needs the recall! Know of a few d40 now which need engine replacements.

Hi,

They are quite nice trucks, a builder friend has double cab one, seems to go well & pulls trailer with a mini digger on it no problem - 2.5 4 cylinder diesel.

However, I think there is an issue with some early ones: The main bearing bolts were overtightened on some, taking the metal near to the plastic zone. The bolts need to be replaced by dealer if not, bearing rattle can start at around 70K ending with engine failure.

Think it was up to a 54 plate, but please Google it to be sure, certainly worth asking if that work has been done.

N

It has 110,000 miles on the clock, general wear and tear but appeared to have nothing major. On an 2005 plate.

Seemed alright but will get a second opinion on it.

How much would a set of offroad tyres cost for it?

Tyres ~£500.

Mate of mine has a 2006/55 reg single cab with 81,000

miles, wants £2500 ono ?

if its done 110 000 miles then gone past the yd25 70k goes bang.

set of AT2,s £400 inc fitting from micheldever tyres sames as hi q.

re yd25 did a lot of looking into when my went bang for court they were built in spain the yd25 they used aliminium shims in the bottom of conrods theconrod bolts were not the right bolts and the oil ring supplying oil to block broke down starving no 4 piston of oil hence conrod goes through side of block. you can do this before they o bang for aprox £500 but a new engine fitted will cost 4k from bill car engineering as that what mine cost but the engine from them is far superior

what you say it looks as if the engine in this D22 is not the famous YD25 engine will have the engine details on the truck. as for 4 wheel drive problems mine goes in and out no prob. i was advised when taking out of 4x4 to stop disengage reverse a bit then go forward and light goes out

mine works hard have it serviced regular as should be every 6k and it pulls well pulls trailers no prob. all in all a good truck. just get it checked over if needs be by a good mechanic to see if it has any major problems coming up to bite