CS38 tips

Joe

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you give a good detailed verbal tree inspection before you try and install your rope explaining any hazards such as deadwood etc...

I'm sure you'll be fine just take your time and don't panic.

Good Luck :001_smile:

Meep

Just read the schedule, know your basic knots and as above do a good pre-climb inspection of the tree.. also if i remember you get a week to do it in (i think) and one day was prep and 4 were climbing, plenty time to practice :)

Most of all relax and enjoy

Study a few AFAG leaflets -( they should give you them before hand) they are nice little brief notes- an DO pick yr route up the tree carefully- espsh if yr inexperienced, cos it 'll save you a lot of work later. Good luck,

K

as said before jist relax an think about what your doin before you do it.that's what i was told an i found it alot easier than i thought it would be.need to know your stuff though.my instructor told me that 38 was the worst one coz you don't know what t expect.once you've done 38 then 39,40,41 are a breeze.I found that anyway.all the best

cheers for all the advice, im not doing the week course, as college have taught me everything i need to know (hopefully) and the blokes at work have showed me stuff aswell, its just the assessment i'm doing :cool1: