550 seized up today

shillo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? You lot don't understand how an air leak on an AUTOTUNE saw caused an over-rich mixture before it seized? The air-hose in question is likely to be the impulse line, and the air leak will stem back to when the saw was repaired first

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Really? You lot don't understand how an air leak on an AUTOTUNE saw caused an over-rich mixture before it seized? The air-hose in question is likely to be the impulse line, and the air leak will stem back to when the saw was repaired first

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

It's all clear now my friend.🙀

Guess these new saws really do need to run on aspen!

my year old 550 seized today, been back to dealer 5 times since new for poor running etc. plug was blackish. Back with the dealer again now! have to await the bad news.

My new 441 has been back at least 4 times now also. Im worried i will have piston/pot damage to this saw also.

All my other older gear seams to run fine on the same fuel (bp unleaded with oregon oil) never had a problem till now.

Would you get anywhere complaining to bp about bad fuel?

filled up with texaco supreme unleaded tonight.

HI MATE that sound a night mere for you hope you get fix soon jon

Sorry, I don't get it. If it's over rich then there is plenty of oil, don't see how it would seize?

You don't richen up the oil you richen up the fuel to air mixture. If you put more oil in there is less fuel to burn so a leaner mix (the oil doesn't burn like the fuel, it's there to lubricate) I don't understand how the air leak caused an over rich mixture Eddy, if it's the impulse line split it won't pump fuel so won't run.