Spuds Porting and Tuning Thread

spudulike

Promised Spud I would give a review on me newly ported 460. It has way more torque so as you know cuts faster especially when leaned on with a small bar and has the grunt now for when climbing to avoid needing a bigger saw when a 25 bar or perhaps a little more is needed. Fuel consumption seems slightly higher but productivity is way higher so economy, if you don't leave it idling unecsarily, is much improved.

Oh yeah it sounds great, revs and picks up like a demon..... And makes you smile.

Promised Spud I would give a review on me newly ported 460. It has way more torque so as you know cuts faster especially when leaned on with a small bar and has the grunt now for when climbing to avoid needing a bigger saw when a 25 bar or perhaps a little more is needed. Fuel consumption seems slightly higher but productivity is way higher so economy, if you don't leave it idling unecsarily, is much improved.

Oh yeah it sounds great, revs and picks up like a demon..... And makes you smile.

Thanks Chris, all sounds good and glad you are happy. Bit of a shock having to get it sorted early but was happy with the port durations and blowdown:thumbup:

Spud,

Thanks again for pulling it out of the bag at short notice, my apologies again.

Ian,

My 560 flies on a .325 15, so ported would be an animal if the dr knows where extra is to be found, too much me thinks..... Or maybe......

No need for appologies, I procrastinated and it theived my time:blushing::001_rolleyes:

Glad all is good:thumbup:

That pop up looks nice mate

It looks very good, can't remember who did it.

The 066 is fully back together ported and muffler mod plus the ignition tweaks, sounds a little wild, bit like a motocrosser but we need to do a good bit of cutting cookies on some big wood and compare it with your MS660 to see what I have created:biggrin:

Now for that expansion chamber:lol:

Any videos of the 066 Steve ? , is she your own ?

The saw is my own, it is an old "red eye" model that had a blown coil. The coil had to be replaced with a later model which threw the ignition timing out so had to sort this out at great time with timing lights, timing wheel and keyway modification but I think I got it right.

The saw has been ported and has a pop up for greater compression....but no decomp so is kicking a bit! Just needs some felling spikes on it and some time from my mate Burrell for big wood and a comparison saw and bar.

There will be a vid and hope it survives and goes well. It sounds good on a muffler mod but have a racing expansion pipe off a Kawasaki to mod and attempt to fit - the CC, stroke and peak revs were similar to this saw so should make a bit more power - just playing TBH, interested in what can be done and didn't cost a fortune.

The biggest change was the piston and the blowdown figure - 18.5* if Wes is online:001_rolleyes::lol: