Spuds Porting and Tuning Thread

spudulike

I've spent several days with an 090 in 4-5' timber. The vibration compared to even a non spring AV modern saw near it's displacement is ridiculous. It's almost as if it was designed to shake.

Yes, the vibes on the 090 are lethal, the AV handles takes a lot away, but I still wouldn't mind having the 10-cube, I would force myself to run it for a day!

They have pretty impressive porting too from what I've seen, looks like an ants nest ground into the cylinder wall

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

So spud, what do you reckon you could do to a 211? :P

Not done one yet but have consulted my files and it is a strato saw - never a great sign as it cuts a lot of flow from the inlet manifold - simplest thing to do is a muffler mod and will reap the easiest gains for the least work!

Dave? :P

Would it be something you'd be interested in undertaking? When you have a gap?

I can give it a go, I would need to check out the piston as these older Stihls can have a fair bit of slap on them and that won't be a good starting point but should be able to get more out of it - nice conventional design:thumbup:

Not done one yet but have consulted my files and it is a strato saw - never a great sign as it cuts a lot of flow from the inlet manifold - simplest thing to do is a muffler mod and will reap the easiest gains for the least work!

Any tips on modding the exhaust or is it a case of putting the biggest pipe on possible?

Here's the latest project in all her glory. A PNW MS361 with a bit of lathe work done to her and a few bits replaced this day. A new bar is also on the way from Rob:

154158873.4ppNuF9l.jpg

154158872.BefBcLtT.jpg

I want that kit for my 362!!!

Are they available in the uk?

Any tips on modding the exhaust or is it a case of putting the biggest pipe on possible?

To answer my own question. The modified hole as a rule of thumb should be around 70% of the size of the outlet port on the cylinder.

I understand that there will be lots of variations to this depending on what work has been done.