Spuds Porting and Tuning Thread

spudulike

That exhaust looks much bigger than the one you did on mine! I'm sending it back!

You done many 201t's Spud?

I've done a rudimental muff mod, how much difference does the advance and carb tweak give?

Size isn't everything Joe:sneaky2:

Done a few MS201s, I can't say if the ignition advance gives much additional performance as I have never measured it but it is a known modification and like much of this tuning, it is a mix of a lot of small tweaks that makes a difference rather than just one specific mod.

If I had time, I would test everything at every stage but time and costs involved just don't allow it to be feasible!

You want a bigger pipe......I will give you one:001_rolleyes::001_tt2:

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would lob this one out there and see what you boys make of it.

Have you come across "The golden Ratio/section?" Aprox 1 to 1.62

I use it as a bench mark for proportion in any given situation when working out the size something looks right at and it has served me well. Have a look up as its a lot to explain on here.

The thing is…iv come to the conclusion some saw engines seem to fit into this ratio as a good place to start…i.e. The size of exhaust V inlet port. One of my fav saws and my first attempt at a mild port was a Husqvarna 254 xp ..it seems to end up at somewhere near the Golden section and ran very strong.

1 other thing..you know the outlet size on a muffler when you mod it …it is close to the section to.( 70% of the size of the cylinders exhaust port.)

Im no maths genius so finding a simple ratio has helped me a lot with many things as to proportions ,be it sheds..windows..gates, or messing with saws.

Thought I would lob this one out there and see what you boys make of it.

Have you come across "The golden Ratio/section?" Aprox 1 to 1.62

I use it as a bench mark for proportion in any given situation when working out the size something looks right at and it has served me well. Have a look up as its a lot to explain on here.

The thing is…iv come to the conclusion some saw engines seem to fit into this ratio as a good place to start…i.e. The size of exhaust V inlet port. One of my fav saws and my first attempt at a mild port was a Husqvarna 254 xp ..it seems to end up at somewhere near the Golden section and ran very strong.

1 other thing..you know the outlet size on a muffler when you mod it …it is close to the section to.( 70% of the size of the cylinders exhaust port.)

Im no maths genius so finding a simple ratio has helped me a lot with many things as to proportions ,be it sheds..windows..gates, or messing with saws.

Ment to put that i bace the ratio around 100 mm and the Golden section of that would be 62 mm or a 1/3- 2/3rd APROX kinda deal. Hope that makes sense