How to get the best finish...

richardwale

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dannytreacy View Post

What are your thoughts on Danish oil compared to Osmo? I've been using Danish but am happy to switch to Osmo if it is a lot better.

Cheers,

Danny.

Osmo poly X in my opinion seriously out classes Danish oil. Buy some try it once and you will never buy Danish again!

although i do like the osmo i will use danish on one or two timbers as they get a brilliant finish that looks different from the osmo and you can buff the danish to a better shine if you wish with multiple coats.

wenge is one that springs to mind as it can be sanded to a glass like finish and then buffed which is better than using the osmo on this occasion but each to there own.

Ime the reason it's still tacky is you left too much oil on the last coat. 10mins after application of last coat it should of been buffed to a dry sheen. If I were you I would take a rag slightly dampened with a polish and buff out. It will make you sweat but will look good when done. You need to buff hard and fast to generate a little heat.

Regarding m/c, I have successfully applied poly X to wood around 18% and uv protection oil to wood around 25%.but they do take a little more buffing.