Today's reduction from team JB

ben blackman

Oh dear. If thats what the boss & the client want as an employee you do not have a lot of choice. I hate seeing work like that when driving around as many of us are in the business to educate the general public in arboriculture & passionate about our vocation.

:thumbup1:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit, I have my doubts that Mr Blackman will be returning to this thread! That's a lot of criticism for anybody to take on board, even if they are right!

It's just a shame that so many 'tree surgeons' don't know the difference between a round-shape lopping session and a reduction, there are plenty more out there, and clients don't know any different!

At least he's not the only one to have received quite negative feedback on a reduction....

(wonder if tom2020 ever made it back to finish :) )

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/picture-forum/27-general-tree-pics-937.html#post802089

Wonder if he makes it back with his wallet??

That was bad I remember mate but sorry your link doesn't work my end?? Lol

I have lost loads of work by explaining to customers what a harsh reduction will achieve, long term, and future management etc.

I have kept them as customers due to honesty, though.

Some honestly thought that if you cut a tree in half it stayed that way.

I sympathise with the OP though, some people try and demand maximum value for money from a reduction, and would not be happy with some of the very sensitive and skilful reductions I've seen on here.

I can hang my head in shame at some of the rsductions I've carried out under orders before I knew any better, and I expect a few others can as well.

I have lost loads of work by explaining to customers what a harsh reduction will achieve, long term, and future management etc.

I have kept them as customers due to honesty, though.

Some honestly thought that if you cut a tree in half it stayed that way.

I sympathise with the OP though, some people try and demand maximum value for money from a reduction, and would not be happy with some of the very sensitive and skilful reductions I've seen on here.

I can hang my head in shame at some of the rsductions I've carried out under orders before I knew any better, and I expect a few others can as well.

Very true Mark :blushing: