Cold period? At last!

peckerwoo

Had my mincers on high pressure trying to force its reckoning over northern europe for over a week now, but a relentless flat strong jet stream has kept it in check,

However, "*ALERT* Ice & low temps warning" ooo, how exciting :D

Large majority of models now agreeing on an establishing easterly drift over NW europe along with -5 to -10+ Degree C 850 level isotherms (fluctuating around 0 degrees daytime dependant on location/conditons etc) courtesy of the jet weakening and headed way south over the Med (always a good sign).

Weak lows already shifting south bringing rain to more southern areas tomoz, the last of which will pass thru Sthrn uk over the weekend into France where the focussed high pressure over Scandinavia will then begin to ridge SWestwards blocking off any atlantic air incursions with the turnaround period late monday into tuesday next week at a "guesstimate".

This is NOT a nov 2010 in terms of length and severity & as the much talkd about "polar vortex" looks like coming back near us soon i dont expect the cold plunge to last long but east cold always outlives those poor northern/arctics with "topplers" written all over them from their onset.

More later, gotta dash chaps/chapeesas :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my mincers on high pressure trying to force its reckoning over northern europe for over a week now, but a relentless flat strong jet stream has kept it in check,

However, "*ALERT* Ice & low temps warning" ooo, how exciting :D

Large majority of models now agreeing on an establishing easterly drift over NW europe along with -5 to -10+ Degree C 850 level isotherms (fluctuating around 0 degrees daytime dependant on location/conditons etc) courtesy of the jet weakening and headed way south over the Med (always a good sign).

Weak lows already shifting south bringing rain to more southern areas tomoz, the last of which will pass thru Sthrn uk over the weekend into France where the focussed high pressure over Scandinavia will then begin to ridge SWestwards blocking off any atlantic air incursions with the turnaround period late monday into tuesday next week at a "guesstimate".

This is NOT a nov 2010 in terms of length and severity & as the much talkd about "polar vortex" looks like coming back near us soon i dont expect the cold plunge to last long but east cold always outlives those poor northern/arctics with "topplers" written all over them from their onset.

More later, gotta dash chaps/chapeesas :)

HI MATE well thats good then cold weather on it way thanks mate jon

Oh joy.........

Anything you can say about week commencing 26th around the Portsmouth area?

I'm away on sea survival training that week and will spend most of it in the water in the harbour and in a pool. So I would like to be able to try and pack the right gear.

Don't want to pack my shorts and t shirts if it's going to the in the minus. :lol:

ive been waiting for this also - mainly due to whats been happening in the US - butalot of the meteorologists have been saying that the cold temps will just come over the atlantic and just cool down - thus more rain.

If a cold temp " cools down " doesn't it get even colder ?