Cold period? At last!

peckerwoo

Oh joy.........

Anything you can say about week commencing 26th around the Portsmouth area?

I'm away on sea survival training that week and will spend most of it in the water in the harbour and in a pool. So I would like to be able to try and pack the right gear.

Don't want to pack my shorts and t shirts if it's going to the in the minus. :lol:

you in pompy not far meet up for a pint if you can some good pubs just outside of pompy.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not holding my breath in expectation of snow.

Peckerwoo I am not sure but do you have something to do with YR.no? It's only that they

etc etc

No woodwrx, as you say: interpretting all the info that is out their is the key but its all down to understanding the complexity! which baffles me at times I must admit?, I really would not know where to begin when it comes to organising and suggesting which of my "favorites" (web sites) would help a standard viewer as I`m generally untidy lol.

Any updates?

The obvious "downgrade" or lessening the initial intensity of the Cold has occured overnight last night and on today`s runs?

The main scuppering looks to be that a stronger jet stream and more northerly track forces Atlantic Lows nearer `tord us therefore holding back the Scandinavian High pressure forcing and sort of "Squashing back" the cold continental air where it stops its westerly advance affecting mainland UK?

The latest run is just beginning to trickle out now so I`ll update again tonight but given the modest turnaround then the pendulums swung back into the "No Snow" zone in laymens for now.

We simply cant predict out beyond 120hrs with 100% but we can spot a good chance and this was/is/will be again or what the hell ever in time soon :)

If anything Scotland NIre and N Eng will feel a lot cooler later tomoz and thru Saturday but its all about the energy in the Atlantic against the Cold continental air system to our east.

In all honesty I now doubt anything substantial given a number of factors namely Arctic Oscillation going +, Nrth Atl Osc going +, amplified Jet with no end of N American trough axis`s spurring on the Jet & also a ridging Azores High pressure plotted (once the Atlantic energy finally slows next weekend 17th) which further hinders any Easterly air motion for Western Europe UK etc.

Mentioned earlier about Rich`s sea survival course in Pompey and although still far out it could be that we may have calm mild conditions due to the above mentioned Azores High ridge influencing us?

anywayz,,,,Back to the madness Peck :D

Thanks Pekerwoo, nice to see you about!

It`s a pleasure Geoff :)

but it`s also stressful falling victim to a set of model runs which appear very plausible and sucker you in for them to do a complete turnaround the next day or 2 when youve gone out on a limb and cried wolf? LOL

Heaven knows what the pro`s Met office & BBC wallers etc go through but I`m sure their pay packets always leave `em "warm n settled" :001_tt2:

We need a title amendment mr B!

Governing factors have determined a complete reversal and put back the projected cold for the time being so this is hereby "suspended until further notice" :laugh1: ie: no widespread snow despite initial chances folks!

The joys of the british isles climate?