Creatine

Mark Bolam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about a year ago i suffered a really bad stomach bug but went back to work pretty sharpish and spent a whole day climbing and dismantling skinny sycamore poles in the pouring rain .felt like id done a thousand chin ups that day .anyway got home and sat down and all of a sudden i had a pain in my chest which all of sudden went all over my body and didnt go away .... an hour later i was at the hospital where thay took blood and urine samples to find i had a creatine level of 1500 (normal being around 200 ) they docters were convinced i was taking steroids as it was such a high level ! after half an hour of explaing to them what my job entails and what id been doing that day they seem to believe me that i wasnt on roids !:biggrin: to cut a long story short because id basically over done it after being sick id pulled about every muscle in my body which releases the chemical creatine kinase which is there to heal damaged muscle including the heart !.. although creatine isnt usually a problem because my body had produced such a large amount it causes too much protein which in turn is bad for your organs .. id say anybody doing our trade really shouldnt need to take the stuff !

I remember reading about a couple of American wrestlers who died of kidney failure(10 yrs ago), creatine was blamed in part for their death due to dehydration and subsequent chronic kidney disease, from what i've read in reality this was probably due to sudden fluid loss-to make the weight grade and not enough fluid uptake during training.

At the very least it shows how important it is to take in extra fluid as creatine will pull water out of the body and divert it to the muscles.

That said i've used it on/off over years and now within maximuscles cyclone with no ill effects, and yes it definately works(for me anyway).

Creatine is safe. They've done tests to prove it !:biggrin:

I think most people don't quite understand what it is when it comes to creatine mostly because theres a bit too much science involved in the explanation!

It's naturally found in steak and the reason to use it is to sustain energy for longer when lifting heavy.

Mark-I wouldn't use maximuscle for many reasons.Try Whey Protein | Sports Nutrition | Supplements | Bodybuilding Supplements | Protein Supplements ? Myprotein (UK) 5% discount code MP27507 :thumbup1:

I remember reading about a couple of American wrestlers who died of kidney failure(10 yrs ago), creatine was blamed in part for their death due to dehydration and subsequent chronic kidney disease, from what i've read in reality this was probably due to sudden fluid loss-to make the weight grade and not enough fluid uptake during training.

At the very least it shows how important it is to take in extra fluid as creatine will pull water out of the body and divert it to the muscles.

That said i've used it on/off over years and now within maximuscles cyclone with no ill effects, and yes it definately works(for me anyway).

is that a picture of you on creatine on your avitar!! ha ha ha ha not affected you at all!!only joking ian, just drink plenty of fluids (water ) dont over do it on the creatine , loads of top sports (persons) use it eat a well balanced diet , and incorparate power cleans in your training and you'll be fine:thumbup::lol::laugh1:

is that a picture of you on creatine on your avitar!! ha ha ha ha not affected you at all!!only joking ian, just drink plenty of fluids (water ) dont over do it on the creatine , loads of top sports (persons) use it eat a well balanced diet , and incorparate power cleans in your training and you'll be fine

:laugh1:nice one dave, no affect whatsoever:thumbup:

I started using it about a year ago as well as changingin my diet you have got to drink alot of water in the day to keep hydrated or you suffer from hot flushes.

as far as the loading up part 1 of are freinds is a professional weightlifter and he told me him and most of his other pro's dont load up as you just feel bloated and its a waste of time.

I think if your just want to get fitter a change in your diet and exercise would be best the trouble with creatine is when your on a break you reduce in size. a viscous circle really

Creatine is safe. They've done tests to prove it !:biggrin:

I think most people don't quite understand what it is when it comes to creatine mostly because theres a bit too much science involved in the explanation!

It's naturally found in steak and the reason to use it is to sustain energy for longer when lifting heavy.

Mark-I wouldn't use maximuscle for many reasons.Try Whey Protein | Sports Nutrition | Supplements | Bodybuilding Supplements | Protein Supplements ? Myprotein (UK) 5% discount code MP27507 :thumbup1:

I went through a period of umming and ahhing about starting using whey, but I got confused with the massive range of supplements out there, and that 2.5kg tubs of one product might contain a totally different proportion of key nutrients in comparison to another brand. Plus, I argued that I wouldn't be disciplined enough to make use of the additional whey and reap the benefit, and starting on the supplements is a long term commitment.

I've just had a proper good opportunity to join the local gym, £20/month for anytime use as opposed to £45 previously. So I'm going to do that, train there 3-4 times a week, plus 2 Krav sessions, plus general work-related activity. Hence I think i will be able to get benefit from whey. That "myprotein" site, is their range good quality? How does it compare as a brand, to something such as Maximuscle?

Cheers,

Adam

sitting on arbtalk damages your joints. lol

Creatine is naturally found it meat and is good for people that don't eat a lot of red meats.

If you train often that it will help but you can't take it all the time. The truth is that you do not need any protien powders , creatines etc. drink plenty milk and make sure you eat lots of veg, fish, nuts, meats, oats etc.

Look at eugine sandow or arthur saxon..they never had any magic shakes to make them strong.

Saxon.jpg.e63863540385afcc0ca4f749d7a32446.jpg

sitting on arbtalk damages your joints. lol

Creatine is naturally found it meat and is good for people that don't eat a lot of red meats.

If you train often that it will help but you can't take it all the time. The truth is that you do not need any protien powders , creatines etc. drink plenty milk and make sure you eat lots of veg, fish, nuts, meats, oats etc.

Look at eugine sandow or arthur saxon..they never had any magic shakes to make them strong.

no but he had amazing y fronts!:thumbup: