Creatine

Mark Bolam

Creatine reduces recovery time. You might be feeling good not listening to your bod' and overdoing it a tad. Muscle strength is alot quicker to gain than strength of tendons. Muscles=months tendons=years. Try a good diet and a black coffee before training it's cheaper.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that some people are saying it does nothing for cardio training? I started off taking just whey protein and found it helped me put on mass quicker without a doubt. I row as a sport and when I started taking creatine (I think the loading stage is rubbish I just start taking it as normal) I noticed a huge improvement in stamina and I was performing far better at races, as well as knocking huge amounts of time off time-trial pieces.

I do 6 weeks on, 1 week off ... with slightly larger doses the week running up to a race event (I take slightly less then the stated dose normally).

Hi Andy, long no time speak, hope your keeping well!

I'm doing alright cheers! Taking a study based approach to getting into the arb world now, in my first year on a forestry and arb diploma course at a college up in Newcastle, love the course, fantastic people ... just bloody chilly compared to back home!

Give me a shout if you need an extra pair of hands over the summer ... I'll even do a bit of climbing if your in no rush to get the job done :001_tt2: . Though Pete our climbing instructor had a heart attack just last week so not sure what will be happening just yet ........hope it was'nt a creatine over dose :/:lol: ((have heard that hes doing well though in recovering!))

How are things yourself?

Hummm, just connected my two 'tennis elbows' to this. I used it a few years ago for hard training for big wall climbing. Did help but recon the strength increase over-loaded the joints - can't be sure though. Having said that, using very small amounts certainly helps with recovery. If you want serious strength, power endurance etc google "The workout from Hell". Its awesome and I've done it on 3 occassions in prep for big walls. For those of you into rock climbing it helped my raise my game from 5.9 to 5.11!!!

have fun with it anyway.

Hi lorry was 37 quid if I remember I ordered it thru our gym I work a part time at tho.

Creatine improved my stamina for mma so I agree it is fantatic for cardio.

As for joint problems from it,I would say that's either from doing too much too quick or the creatine is making you hold water putting strain on your joints.

Or even the possibility that your not drinking enough water andyour infact dehydrated also joints ache.

But everyone is different.some peoples joints can take hard trainig others can't

Make sure to chuck some whey,glutamine and simple carbs like bottle of lucozade in with your creatine to help shuttle it into your muscles better.

• 2 months later...

I haven't read all of the replies so apologies is someone has already left a post similar to mine. I'm in a rush, just thought I'd leave one last post quickly!

I've researched creatine properly and even rang up nutritionists and my GP, Creatine doesn't have any major side effects to your health unless you're quite unhealthy anyway or suffering from something such as diabeties. (Lots of alcohol, heavy smoker)

It gives you the shits for a week or so though. I know it's not a pleasant thing to share, but I was craping pink diarrhea for a few days because I was having 5 creatine shakes a day for 5 days.

Also, Creatine doesn't really, BUILD muscle... it mostly moves water molecules from parts of your body that it isn't using such at the feet and pumps it into your muscles giving you a noticable BULK look in a very short space of time.

So don't be fooled! ha.

I think thats correct. I only took it for a month, and noticed a difference in size surprisingly quick hitting the gym 4 times a week 2 hours at a time. Though I didn't notice much of a difference in strength if any at all... but that was because I only took it for a month. Muscles need longer than this!

• 1 year later...

Creatines biggest side effect is additional strain on your organs as it diverts fluids away from them into your muscle tissue. Hence the apparent growth you get.It's been banned in the U S as its been linked to liver and kidney problems.Eating more red meats is a better way of getting your creatine fix