Paleo diet for arborists

Steve Bullman

My lunchtimes at work consist of 2 avacados, 4 boiled eggs, tin of mackeral, mayo, all mashed up with olive oil, an onion, salt and chilli, and fresh lime. Great energy food!

What do you have for lunch at work?

4 or 5 boiled eggs, cucumber, tomatoes, beet root, sometimes onion and some meat of some kind. Usually lamb or pork but lately it's been fresh shrimps. I also have a little bit of fruit and some home made muffins.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I have an old cookery book says you must add cold water to mustard powder and wait at least 10-15 minutes before eating. And to add any salt/vinegar after this time to avoid a reaction that causes a bitter flavour, also to wait before adding to mayo. :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Arbtalk mobile app

Exactly what it says on the tin 😊 and no sugar in the powder.

I also noticed that. Unfortunately I love mustard on my beef. Horseradish is the same.

For the 10 grams of mustard I use on my eggs in the morning, I can handle a gram of sugar.

Not ideal though, like 10bears says, there's no need.

I've sacked it, there is some evidence that a high protein diet can increase your risk of cancer.

I'm keeping a reduced carb intake, they recon the "third rule" is best, i.e., 1 third protein, 1 third veg and 1 third carb.

Been back on limited carbs for a couple of days and still feeling good.

I've sacked it, there is some evidence that a high protein diet can increase your risk of cancer.

I'm keeping a reduced carb intake, they recon the "third rule" is best, i.e., 1 third protein, 1 third veg and 1 third carb.

Been back on limited carbs for a couple of days and still feeling good.

I think the important thing really is to cut out all the processed food