Dodgy arm

Lancstree

• 1 month later...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to a private physio and she said it was tennis elbow. I'm icing, stretching and strengthening according to her instructions. Also had ultrasound and she massaged the scar tissue away. Going for acupuncture this week too. No notable reduction in discomfort yet. Got an epi-clasp support ordered too but just using a tubular bandage support until it comes. Any tips on getting over this?

I have had both tennis and golfers in my left elbow. And tennis in my right. Golfers was from preacher curls too often. There is obviously something you do that strains your tendon. Find it, reduce it/cut it out, get to strengthening it using stretches/compound weight lifting program with plenty of rest in between. Oxygen doesn't deliver as well to the tendons as it does the muscle so improved blood flow will help it. This is where the weight training comes in but start off with nowt but the bar. Get the blood pumping around will increase healing.

To end my post, all tendinitis that existed on me has now gone but I know if I do too much isolation movement on my bicep for example it will come back but not as easily. It did take a few months though.

had the same, lived with it for 6 months, then went to doctors, no messing with physio, straight to cortisone injection in elbow the following week...... cured after 2 days of more pain than was, but elbow is now fine, except for some unknown reason, wrist on same side is now playing up big time, so much so I cannot make a fist.

Had this a few years ago... completely ruined my casting action whilst fishing.

Good news is, one injection of steroids from the Doc sorted it within a day, and no issues in the four years since. I'd seriously consider telling your Doc to get the needle out Lancstree, especially as it affects your work.

Mixed feelings on the injection as I've heard mixed things about it. For me it's last resort. If I can get the tendon to become less inflamed then I can work on gaining natural strength. The problem is that it's all time consuming. Not heard of horse oil and losing skin doesn't sound ideal!