Dipping bars

Mark Bolam

yeah..very true. like relax when you climb or you will be knackered within couple hrs. climbers who start out seem to be nervous and not relaxed thus they get tired easily.

But doing strength training puts energy into your muscles and will only help you stay good at climbing. climbing everday is a form of over training...thats why you find a lot of skinny weak climbers. So you need to counteract all those high reps..by doing maximum strength ( 3 to 5 reps ) so you have strength and also endurance. :laugh1::laugh1:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I train mate. With all the tips I've picked up from Arbtalk I am definately not working as hard when climbing!

Still charging the same rate for a day though, and I reckon we are doing loads more in a day now. Customers must love it!

I go to the gym at the local climbing wall, generally 45 mins of gym then 45 mins of bouldering. i'm yet to find anything gym based that works contact strength.

I much prefer the idea of body weight excercises over dumb / bar bells (well apart from squats and dead lifts, they are cracking weight exercises) i should really stop wasting my time on weights and try this guys work outs. i don't do the gym enough to put on pointless over sized muscle.

Jamie

I much prefer the idea of body weight excercises over dumb / bar bells (well apart from squats and dead lifts, they are cracking weight exercises) i should really stop wasting my time on weights and try this guys work outs. i don't do the gym enough to put on pointless over sized muscle.

Jamie

Some of those look quite good Jamie, I used to be able to knock out 20 handstand pressups (against a wall) no prob, I bet I couldn't do one now.:ohmy:

how about this, bet these folks aint 'harry Hoofters'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr3npyxj7u0&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Daredevil Gymnastics[/ame]

check out the scene at 7 mins exactly

Jamie

Edited by Jamie

My problem with gyms is you always seem to get some 17 stone mesomorph (who would have been big even if he had never trained) trying to tell you how to do everything - and you can't convince him that you don't want to end up with pecs like Pamela Anderson. And a tiny knob.

My problem with gyms is you always seem to get some 17 stone mesomorph (who would have been big even if he had never trained) trying to tell you how to do everything - and you can't convince him that you don't want to end up with pecs like Pamela Anderson. And a tiny knob.

Most gyms will take you through and induction,just showing you correct form with weights and machines.After that you are free to do the program that you please,there are heaps of them on the net.

The best thing to me about going to the gym,is that I always feel better when I come out than I did when I went in.