Expensive hobbies

Mark Bolam

expensive hobby the missus do she count ;) lol i do fishing shooting and alsorts but i worked it out the lastime i went fishing £12 for the day £8 pound for food and drink from the village shop about £10 in bait for the date + fule for the truck well over 35 pound for 4hours fishing mind you only get chance around 5 times a year

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lately its been photography for me. Got a breeding pair of cameras. Film isn't getting any cheaper in the shops at 22 pounds for a 5 pack of 120 medium format film. The camera was £155, mamiya c220. I have a few more cameras too, but MF photography is mostly king. Theres green lanes or a pit top land in the ranger - used to go on the bike but tended to leave the track, and the police left me a little note at the door saying carry on and we'll cut your bike in half. So they gave me a 1 year probation ( get caught again in that time and..) . So its up and one day soon, time to start saving.

Also around boxing day I bought a model plane, it runs on batteries and has a little camera on it. I'll upload a video soon. :)

this was my first time out as i have just started, the most expensive widgion i have shot but it is most defenlly not easy it, and it is very dangerous i think i am the only one who actavily dose it in NI but i am still learnig, ps the boat is probaly over 100 years old but there is something specile when you get you grandfather old jumpers out that he used too

59765f78b1831_puntgun.jpg.91bc643bdcc1aff6951b572842f81ba9.jpg

Edited by NI Tree

Just like to add that surfing isn't an expensive hobby. Board custom made €350, and had it 3 years and still going strong. Wetsuit €200 change every year if you want to surf the winter. That's a little over €300 a year. Granted fuel to get to some of the more remote spots is a factor, but that's spread over however many people you can fit in the car.

Have a couple of other boards but have had these years and they only get used when it's either really small or really big and don't want to snap a good board.