Compulsory drugs testing

arbogrunt

Believe me the wealthy make up for it they don't pass a tray of after eights round the table drug users come from every tier of society addiction does not discriminate against class.

Long term use of hard drugs are going to make most users poor.

Very true...

I spent some time with the organisation I work for on a massive rubbish dump on the outskirts of Madrid where hundreds of addicts live. Betel has an outreach programme there and helps those who are desperate to escape that particular hellhole.

None of the addicts are born there, most of them have jobs and cars and "normal" stuff going on when they first drive over there to score. A couple of years later many have been reduced to living on the dump itself scratching a living and being at the mercy of the gypsy drug gangs that control the flow of drugs to the "Vertidero"

It's quite an eye opener and surprising that that sort of thing exists in Europe. Normally you would only expect to see this sort of thing in South America. In this country we have all kinds of safety nets and benefits available to "help" addicts.

I know people who can control their occasional "recreational" drug taking but I also know that every heroin or crack addict has to start somewhere and very few (I've only ever met one) ever start by sticking a syringe of heroin in their arm. The vast majority start with a recreational spliff. Of course not everyone who has a smoke will end up with a smack habit but just about everyone with a smack habit will have started with a spliff.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lot of people on here seem to think they would fail or there workmates would fail drugs test.. We constantly have them with doing railway work and sites.. None of my lads have failed as they know they will be out of a job.. If you wanna turn up stoned/pissed then get a job in a call centre

Turning up for work drunk or drugged up is definitely something to be sacked off for. With drug-driving laws now, noone has any idea whether a spliff or even a pill will show up as positive if pulled over on a Monday morning. Once this has been tramped through the courts though, if you are legal to drive and if you aren't still smashed and you don't work on the railways, what you get up to in your own time is up to you imo.

Doing drugs or drinking during or just before work is a reason for me to sent people home. Happened more than once -most of the times with apprentices, only once with a full time employee who was also a good friend.

I don't do drugs myself -like to be somewhat in controll. Only drink the occasional dram of whisky or a pint on a friday. Don't mind people who like a drink or smoke after work. Only not while working when I have to depend on them.