Free tree felling

Gyp

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMO, there far to much work in turing a tree into seasoned logs for it to be viable to remove domestic trees for the timber.

Recently called to a domestic job to collect 2 trees by the time it was processed was 4 IBC containers so worth £400 but then take off 4 hr processing 4 hr collection and 2 hr delivery your really not left with a lot for fuel, machinery etc etc. But compared to £25-£40 roadside its a better deal.

What an offer Onefootforestry. If it was closer to me I would certainly take you up on the offer as I have the kit which would make it viable. I presume the 1 tonne in your yard needs to be timber not woodchip.

Yes John, but there's no Hgv access or secure stacking area. And it's in Barnsley........ Essentially what you cut you've got to take that day. Then there's the phone line.....

I guess I was making a point, even in a wood there are times you'll need to make a loss to have it managed.

I remember firewood merchants taking down trees in fields for the wood at least 15 years ago. Doesn't seem to happen so much these days (good :thumbup:), but if there's enough wood in the tree and access is good then it could be a viable option.

Farmers are I think limited these days to felling trees for their own use only and then only up to a certain limit. Above that or for sale as I understand it a licence is needed, I don't suppose wind blown counts. Might be wrong but that's something I read a while ago.

A

Farmers are I think limited these days to felling trees for their own use only and then only up to a certain limit. Above that or for sale as I understand it a licence is needed, I don't suppose wind blown counts. Might be wrong but that's something I read a while ago.

A

Wind blown doesn't count as it's on the ground. And a machine can get it.

That's what I used to do anyway. Use the forklift to pull it out and load it onto a trailer.