Socks!

jamesd

I'm must be lucky, I never have cold feet unless they're wet. The best value work socks I've got are Jeep ones the mother in law got me for Christmas 2 years ago. They're only £7 for 3 pairs. I liked them so much I asked for more last year and again for this year. (the first lot are wearing out now) I've got some bridgedale ski boot and merino winter mountaineering socks. Both great but at £16 a pair I'm reluctant to wear them too much as I tend to wear through the heels after about 20 days use. (not continuous) I thing the best way to keep your feet warm is not to stand still. (nothing insinuated about cold feet and not working, for some it's inevitable)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI MULL no fire light then :thumbup1:thanks jon :thumbup:

Aye fire on Jon. Hot water! Wrong thread maybe for this, got a row from a mod the other day and points too, he never said how many, but I feel a bit of a dick for posting what I did!

Anyway, will keep it sensible from now on. Hard to tell what's fine and what's not here. Could see the polish thread ending in tears as soon as it started, he ho that's life!

Heat Holders Heat Holders | The Ultimate Thermal Socks | Welcome are great when new. Very warm, soft and fluffy.

The main down side is that they do lose their fluffiness rather quickly. Plus, every time you put them on, you have to take them off again to pull out the lump of fluff that's come detached inside, and makes the sock feel lumpy.

I use these aswell during the winter, really nice warm socks.

Best tip I have is to wear 2 pairs, a nice thin pair of cotton socks and then good quality mohair or wool on top, that way you don't have to change the expensive warm ones every day meaning you need fewer pairs..

This is exactly what I do :thumbup1:

Washing clothes ruins them, so not only do you need less they also last longer.

Good boots is very important, I always had terrible feet in the winter, chilblains etc, I got my first pair of Haix about 10 years ago and have had no foot trouble since.