new top handel ms 201 t or t540xp

d-raittuk

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had the husqy model before this latest 1, was fine for first few months then the problems started so until I hear that it's good after 2 years use, il stick.

Oh Yea . 335 and 338 are total crap ...agreed . T 540 is something else .

So far all I'm hearing is good stuff, I'm just waiting and seeing, the 201 is ok but certainly has it's bad points (rev pick up and a little gutless)

A little ? Its no where near as good as the 200 , not on the same planet . The t540 however is slightly better than a 200 I would say . This not making the 200 suddenly a bad saw I hasten to add jusdt the T540 has moved the goal posts a bit .

A little ? Its no where near as good as the 200 , not on the same planet . The t540 however is slightly better than a 200 I would say . This not making the 200 suddenly a bad saw I hasten to add jusdt the T540 has moved the goal posts a bit .

I don't know where all this negativity towards the 201 come froms? We run 6 201's. I have owned 3 200t's over the years.

If it wasn't for our yard being turned over and saws stolen I'd of still be running a 201 as at the time the 540 had not been released.

I bought the 540's to replace 3 stolen 201's, so now we run 3 201's besides 3 540's so think I'm in a good place to say that the gap is not vast. I'd like to point out that none of the 201,s have slow pick up if anything they pick up faster and rev higher than a 540.

But so far on my time with both I'd buy more 540's they feel more solid even if not as nicely designed with the clean lines of a 201.

I will also make it clear if your 201 is sluggish to pick up after being warmed up it is not tuned right!

I don't know where all this negativity towards the 201 come froms? We run 6 201's. I have owned 3 200t's over the years.

If it wasn't for our yard being turned over and saws stolen I'd of still be running a 201 as at the time the 540 had not been released.

I bought the 540's to replace 3 stolen 201's, so now we run 3 201's besides 3 540's so think I'm in a good place to say that the gap is not vast. I'd like to point out that none of the 201,s have slow pick up if anything they pick up faster and rev higher than a 540.

But so far on my time with both I'd buy more 540's they feel more solid even if not as nicely designed with the clean lines of a 201.

I will also make it clear if your 201 is sluggish to pick up after being warmed up it is not tuned right!

Spot on!!!:thumbup1:

My 201 was stollen, I replaced with a 540 and agree with every thing you have posted here :thumbup1:

This is princess my 14 year old 200T!! It was one of the first ones out to come with the quick release fuel caps!! It's been well looked after daily checks, weekly Maintained, and it gets a good service from my local dealer every 12 months, fuel filter air filter ect. It's had 4 bars in this time and countless chains. It had one big overhaul 2 years ago with a new carb and a new chain break gearing. I self ported it last year and it's an absolute animal... As you can see by the photo it is being rapped by the husky T540xp and having used that saw quite a few times now and being very impressed with it I will defiantly replace princess with one when the sad day comes along!! The 201 didn't do it for me, not so much the running of it but just the cosmetics.. It's to fragile and that's coming from a guy who looks after his baby's!!! I must have seen at least 30 pictures of the broken handles and having actually broken one myself believe this to be the reduced weight and cost issues of all new stihl products!! I said this a year before they released the T540 "they can't afford to fail this time" and guess what?? They most defiantly haven't... Sorry to all you stihl fans but and to those who haven't yet had any problems with the 201 but husky is now king!! And unless stihl sort there act out or bring back an Eco friendly version of the 200t!! then I'm afraid it will be for quite some time.. :)ImageUploadedByArbtalk1390125795.048474.jpg.edd46a51b605e28f3e8d1ffc4633cfea.jpg