Marine A

Jesse

I will go one further now, in training when encountering the enemy at close quarter, when you are ordered to fix bayonets , and attack, with a stabbing motion , screaming, as you try to disembowel your enemy, you don't first check that they are OK, YOU AIM TO GO STRAIGHT THROUGH THEM. sorry if this is putting anyone off there tea.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with you lot, if it was the other way round, would they rescue our soldiers? Especially as al-queda have videoed prisoners being executed! For all they knew, he could have had a grenade, not worth wasting a first aid kit on them and risking our soldiers

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I don't quite follow your point there Jesse, I TOTALLY agree that media in the front line is not always best. No disrespect from me on your stance!

Its only to say each to there own and its only my view, but I hope more people will take the time to try and understand whats happened , and the wider implications to this mans family and his career as a Royal Marne, I suppose what if I'm honest I am trying to say, I may have done the same.

I have to agree with you lot, if it was the other way round, would they rescue our soldiers? Especially as al-queda have videoed prisoners being executed! For all they knew, he could have had a grenade, not worth wasting a first aid kit on them and risking our soldiers

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Agree . They had also been touting our MARINES by hanging our boys body parts from sticks. I fully understand if the mods remove this bit but please leave my original post.

The media presence on the front line is a disgrace IMO. It's another demonstration of the Nanny State that we have created.

Media is only interested in what sells headlines. Terrorists executing our lads is not good for public moral back home so it isn't shown.

Our lads doing their underpaid job is more palatable therefore it's deemed news worthy.

If I was the judge, I'd have given Marine A a medal and asked why he wasted two seconds before pulling the trigger. Just my opinion.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

I can see where people are coming from saying its alright that marine A shot him but are the west not going to these places supposedly having the moral high ground and not lowering ourselves to the terrorists disgusting standards such as executing prisoners?

Sent using My c

Jesse the issue with this incident it that the 'heat of battle' had ended...this was a calculated act. We are not the Taliban/AQ, we live by a moral code. We are trained to be able to 'Switch the aggression on and switch it off' as the situation requires.

I am not going to sit here and judge what happened, BUT how stupid to- a. Have filmed it. b. Not deleted it. c. Written it all down in your diary.

I fully agree with Gen. Thompson R.M. he should get a 5yr sentence and no more. Glad the other lads got acquitted!

Problem is he broke the Geneva convention he talks about it and then brakes it ...then admits to braking it all on tape .. Agree he should not be tried for murder but as a professional soldier it's his duty to stick to it so should be tried for some thing ... Also agree this has no place on the front page of the media.

I don't condone soldiers breaking the rules of engagement......but......before the inevitable onslaught of "he's guilty throw the book at him", please consider this.

Mne A is a trained combatant. Does the military/navy train you as to how you will react in every eventuality? No- it's impossible.

What has Mne A's operation/patrol pattern been over the last X amount of weeks? With reducing numbers and the imminent handover to the ANA/ANP(Afghan police and army) it will be an intense time. This is increased by the fact that the insurgents maybe stood beside him in an ANP/ANA uniform.

What has happened on those patrols/ops? We only hear from Afghan when a soldier dies. We don't hear of the countless soldiers shot, maimed and left with life changing injuries. I challenge the MOD to release the exact amount of our troops with limbs missing.

Please just remember that these guys are normal people underneath all that body armour. They are not robots. Humans react in different ways to different situations. No amount of training can determine exactly how you will react in every situation.

Mne A may have got it wrong, but it's up to the Court Martial to make that decision using all the evidence they have at hand.

I have said it before on this forum .....don't be too quick to judge .......especially if you haven't been in a situation where someone is trying to kill you for 6 months at a time.

Rant over.

Si, the Courts Martial has made its decision, he has been found guilty of murder! I haven't seen any posts yet that are being 'too quick to judge'. All the facts concerning their mental state, workload, etc etc will have been submitted by his defence team (or you would hope so). BUT at the end of the day it would APPEAR that this SNCO made a foolish error of judgement in what he did and more foolishly not destroying the video and certainly not recording the incident in a diary!!

Personally I couldn't give a s**t for the insurgent but this incident will cause the military and UKPLC serious issues.

Lets hope his appeal claims PTSD and he gets a light sentence! OARMAARM!!

Cdo Out

I don't condone soldiers breaking the rules of engagement......but......before the inevitable onslaught of "he's guilty throw the book at him", please consider this.

Mne A is a trained combatant. Does the military/navy train you as to how you will react in every eventuality? No- it's impossible.

What has Mne A's operation/patrol pattern been over the last X amount of weeks? With reducing numbers and the imminent handover to the ANA/ANP(Afghan police and army) it will be an intense time. This is increased by the fact that the insurgents maybe stood beside him in an ANP/ANA uniform.

What has happened on those patrols/ops? We only hear from Afghan when a soldier dies. We don't hear of the countless soldiers shot, maimed and left with life changing injuries. I challenge the MOD to release the exact amount of our troops with limbs missing.

Please just remember that these guys are normal people underneath all that body armour. They are not robots. Humans react in different ways to different situations. No amount of training can determine exactly how you will react in every situation.

Mne A may have got it wrong, but it's up to the Court Martial to make that decision using all the evidence they have at hand.

I have said it before on this forum .....don't be too quick to judge .......especially if you haven't been in a situation where someone is trying to kill you for 6 months at a time.

Rant over.