Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

OK, so this thread has sent me off on a mental shopping trip which may turn real over the next few weeks.

For my own woodlands, so towability isn't an issue, hence 3-6T. Groundwork, firewood & thinning, clearing whin scrub, brash clearing, etc. We've got slopes, so bigger the better for stability purposes. Prices, not surprisingly, ramp up fast with size, plenty of 5-7yo 3ts with <3k hrs around the £12k mark, few decent comparable 5ts below 15k. Would love grab & rotator but unless I find one already fitted I think a fixed grab or just rake & thumb is more justifiable £ wise.

Couple more qs: zero-swing machines centre the mass, but presumably also lift the CoG a bit? Is a double-action hammer line pretty much std on modern builds? eg this...

Yanmar V1030 Mini digger

...seems to have 2 lines & rtn, unless I'm misinterpreting the pics. (Also steel tracks, which seem a rarity on anything sub-7+t.) Should I ever be thinking of hiring in a mower/mulcher (assuming I get a bigger machine ), I guess that's the minimum spec I'd need to run one?

Or I might just win the lottery and buy Eddie's all-singing, all-dancing Kubota......

• 2 weeks later...

I can hardly believe it but my LGP Kubota is entering it's last week of service with me!

It's been a simply fantastic bit of kit and will serve the new owner well.

Busy to the last sorting out a real mess, and this sort of terrain is where a machine with the Engcon grab comes into it's own.

I got to do a bit of 'V' ditching with a 20 tonner on this site, and it's a job I really love, but had to drop a few pipes in for a road to cross first.

The Kubota handled them easily at 1275kg each despite 700kg of Engcon and grab on the end!

Eddie.

pt5.jpg.9fe712eed3093a26f3f6a49a4b8eeb94.jpg

pt2.jpg.ab0ae1f81f25cb96223d0a4208776cf7.jpg

pt1.jpg.5acc0e6110fecdbc2008d46e6d66d486.jpg

pt3.jpg.54e56b05597387b5349cbbc63cbde15c.jpg

pt14.jpg.82f51cc4598b3d98c20c43231d799ffe.jpg

pt10.jpg.207e64e750231ba8f8aceb0a568e8a02.jpg

I love that Digger Eddie, why are you selling it? I might have been interested..

I'll certainly miss it, but I'm having the new Dash 4 Kubota 8 tonner to replace it, with quite a few extra touches added.

It never even got advertised.

Eddie.

Tidy.

Been using a kabota on a bit of a thining, clearing job this week. Botex rotator grab. They are just perfect for getting into tight areas and have more than enough power. Been dragging whole trees out of a river with it aswell.

They punch well above there weight.