Jump to content
Stephen Blair

Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Often wondered why these machines need a green flashing light?

Dont get me started on the highway maintainence sticker!

Green flashing light is to show the Operator is wearing his seat belt.

If the Client wants Highway Maintenance on the back, that's what it'll have to have, you either comply with the compliance in the sort of applications these guys work in, or you get the low loader and gone!

 

You now can easily spend 30k extra above the initial purchase price on a larger Excavator to ensure it's fully compliant, yet nobody looks into the Operators actual experience or will spend a few minutes drilling into guys the need to get the Operators attention and the machine stopped before you pass.

 

 

Eddie.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Green flashing light is to show the Operator is wearing his seat belt.

If the Client wants Highway Maintenance on the back, that's what it'll have to have, you either comply with the compliance in the sort of applications these guys work in, or you get the low loader and gone!

 

You now can easily spend 30k extra above the initial purchase price on a larger Excavator to ensure it's fully compliant, yet nobody looks into the Operators actual experience or will spend a few minutes drilling into guys the need to get the Operators attention and the machine stopped before you pass.

 

 

Eddie.

 

 

 

 

Thats as may be, but i have a big problem with the travelling community using this type of wording in their vehicles to make it look like they are genuine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Had a brilliant day at LAMMA show yesterday. It’s been very contentious the move to the NEC by all accounts and some of the big boys didn’t take stands at the new venue.

It got a massive thumbs up from me, no traffic hassle getting in or out, parked straight up on tarmac, great facilities, no hyper inflated food prices, and enjoyed walking around in the warm in normal clothes, not dressed for the Arctic!

The place was absolutely buzzing and I think the big boys may have just made the wrong call.

 

All sorts of kit about, plenty of Tree Shears dotted about, Molson brought along a lovely Two Piece Boom Kobelco 8 tonner, JCB had a tidy new generation of Loadall out, claiming a 50% reduction in cab noise that I’d think simply impossible?

Some unreal big kit, Tractors and Harvesters that are just a house with 4 wheels! No way is current road legislation up to date for some of this stuff, they make Trucks look like toys!

 

Some great smaller stands as ever, found a remote trailer reversing light kit readily available that’s been discussed on here.

 

Hope all that exhibited had their efforts well rewarded.

 

3EF87A83-5960-4695-A133-596C0E7107DE.thumb.jpeg.2cf1d7ea7d465c4e8e4052436faf0442.jpeg

 

8B6B0A65-2695-42BA-9172-97C8A6C15574.thumb.jpeg.797b0c509d6bd3a3294e2b132492cf88.jpeg

 

DB099D5F-EDD7-4A06-A010-9347DBC5DFE8.thumb.jpeg.dc852529887d4c63381b09eb5671d837.jpeg

 

9D8E92A6-B5D8-4327-B5AA-0E80C9D2F3A9.thumb.jpeg.4f6aadb7b506978aa832175bebde60a2.jpeg

 

09A7E09F-4471-469E-83B8-00B067EAD5BF.thumb.jpeg.de9b2de38425021bb335d612246c966c.jpeg

 

7811E220-A0EA-491B-8EA4-2B9D24E6096B.thumb.jpeg.e7279bb6f3067ebed0d1fcf6fc30634d.jpeg

 

796505B7-1F38-4B92-99CF-31689C73F58C.thumb.jpeg.df01f185d10073b9d761bbc27986b503.jpeg

 

856DC0F6-954D-4EEB-8616-F28A9679BFFC.thumb.jpeg.dbd39946d293ef5aee2473a2a77dca47.jpeg

 

3D4EBE97-9340-4940-849B-9E5570D9349D.thumb.jpeg.fc08585e394050ecbc19cb62d15665f8.jpeg

 

61DD9808-6EE3-4F67-9D92-2363C2CECF5A.thumb.jpeg.9cd0a7360674e7eae9eb33edf1089648.jpeg

 

BBA8564D-E666-4650-9C2C-9DB4DF52D3B2.thumb.jpeg.3ac2c11a5a653a222b8cc609d8c35918.jpeg

 

 

Eddie.

Not hard to get a 50% reduction in noise when decibels are a logarithmic scales. If it was already 96dB it only needs to be approx 86dB to be a percieved 50% reduction!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Thats as may be, but i have a big problem with the travelling community using this type of wording in their vehicles to make it look like they are genuine.

Same could be said for guys passing off non compliant kit as the same. I just concentrate on my own thing.

 

 

Eddie.

Edited by LGP Eddie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SbTVF said:
On 09/01/2019 at 09:11, LGP Eddie said:
Had a brilliant day at LAMMA show yesterday. It’s been very contentious the move to the NEC by all accounts and some of the big boys didn’t take stands at the new venue.
It got a massive thumbs up from me, no traffic hassle getting in or out, parked straight up on tarmac, great facilities, no hyper inflated food prices, and enjoyed walking around in the warm in normal clothes, not dressed for the Arctic!
The place was absolutely buzzing and I think the big boys may have just made the wrong call.
 
All sorts of kit about, plenty of Tree Shears dotted about, Molson brought along a lovely Two Piece Boom Kobelco 8 tonner, JCB had a tidy new generation of Loadall out, claiming a 50% reduction in cab noise that I’d think simply impossible?
Some unreal big kit, Tractors and Harvesters that are just a house with 4 wheels! No way is current road legislation up to date for some of this stuff, they make Trucks look like toys!
 
Some great smaller stands as ever, found a remote trailer reversing light kit readily available that’s been discussed on here.
 
Hope all that exhibited had their efforts well rewarded.
 
3EF87A83-5960-4695-A133-596C0E7107DE.thumb.jpeg.2cf1d7ea7d465c4e8e4052436faf0442.jpeg
 
8B6B0A65-2695-42BA-9172-97C8A6C15574.thumb.jpeg.797b0c509d6bd3a3294e2b132492cf88.jpeg
 
DB099D5F-EDD7-4A06-A010-9347DBC5DFE8.thumb.jpeg.dc852529887d4c63381b09eb5671d837.jpeg
 
9D8E92A6-B5D8-4327-B5AA-0E80C9D2F3A9.thumb.jpeg.4f6aadb7b506978aa832175bebde60a2.jpeg
 
09A7E09F-4471-469E-83B8-00B067EAD5BF.thumb.jpeg.de9b2de38425021bb335d612246c966c.jpeg
 
7811E220-A0EA-491B-8EA4-2B9D24E6096B.thumb.jpeg.e7279bb6f3067ebed0d1fcf6fc30634d.jpeg
 
796505B7-1F38-4B92-99CF-31689C73F58C.thumb.jpeg.df01f185d10073b9d761bbc27986b503.jpeg
 
856DC0F6-954D-4EEB-8616-F28A9679BFFC.thumb.jpeg.dbd39946d293ef5aee2473a2a77dca47.jpeg
 
3D4EBE97-9340-4940-849B-9E5570D9349D.thumb.jpeg.fc08585e394050ecbc19cb62d15665f8.jpeg
 
61DD9808-6EE3-4F67-9D92-2363C2CECF5A.thumb.jpeg.9cd0a7360674e7eae9eb33edf1089648.jpeg
 
BBA8564D-E666-4650-9C2C-9DB4DF52D3B2.thumb.jpeg.3ac2c11a5a653a222b8cc609d8c35918.jpeg
 
 
Eddie.

Read more  

Not hard to get a 50% reduction in noise when decibels double every 3. If it was already 96dB it only needs to be 93dB to be 50% reduction!

Most just commented “it must have been noisy before”.

To be fair it was a nice cab and any progress is welcome for guys who have to spend long shifts on them.

I doubt the average stock farmer will care much.

 

 

Eddie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Most just commented “it must have been noisy before”.

To be fair it was a nice cab and any progress is welcome for guys who have to spend long shifts on them.

I doubt the average stock farmer will care much.

 

 

Eddie.

No it doesn't make a lot of difference when you're braying down a field loading bales with the top half of the door open! The seals on the doors were always poor I though too.

 

If the air con is broken its not an enjoyable experience. Nor loading bales in the dark with the moths joining you in the cab!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2019 at 07:22, dig-dug-dan said:

Often wondered why these machines need a green flashing light?

Dont get me started on the highway maintainence sticker!

Or the 20m Exclusion zone sticker..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first job with an arb digger and what a machine! Turned a 2 week job into a 2 day job. Top class operator behind the controls. Machine was a 13 tonne Case with approved hydraulics tree shears. I was blown away by it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.