Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

I think the world wants me to buy a digger!, id decided during the week that I was going to get 1 early next year and yesterday I was driving along and saw a farm sale, pulled in for a look and there were about 60 diggers in the auction! Then I get home and this thread had just been started:lol::thumbup:

Well it wasn't in the timescale I mentioned above but I finally got one :thumbup: it's currently half way through a coat of paint that I haven't had time to finish( maybe tommorow) and I keep forgetting to take pictures of it working. It has already dug out and levelled about 250 tonnes of soil and type one, and earned a 7th of its purchase price in a week:thumbup1:

I have got an rsl ripping tooth which is brilliant, and a thumb which I really must get fitted as I have a big poplar tree to clear up in the next couple of weeks.

image.jpg.4d72fe7fb4d0a0794889c9f94437733c.jpg

Interested in people's opinions on the Whacker Neuson excavator, tilting base and 3 additional sevices on the boom tick a lot of boxes for me, also the deal on PX with my Kubota is very hard to resist

I was looking at the specs on different machines a couple of weeks back, and the neuson ticked all the boxes for me, a bloke I worked with years ago demoed one probably about 1999/2000 and was impressed with it. No experience of the current models but CAT sell them badge engineered as their own, up to 2.7 / 3 ton so can't be too bad.

Interested in people's opinions on the Whacker Neuson excavator, tilting base and 3 additional sevices on the boom tick a lot of boxes for me, also the deal on PX with my Kubota is very hard to resist

They have a huge push on that concept, and I know how keen the deal is at present.

How do I know? I was down talking to Wacker Neuson about their latest 8 tonne machine, and the largest plant hirer in our area strolled in to cast his eye over the exact same as yourself due to the current offer.

He's a CAT man through and through, but he knew all too well, apart from a few mods CAT have, like actually smaller bucket pins, the Neuson is pretty much the same and remarkably well built.

CAT don't have access to the tilting undercarriage, so its a big plus for Neuson if you need it.

It's been said a few times now on here Neuson are really making huge advances in the UK, and have a really refreshing attitude, plus extremely high specification kit.

I've spoke at length with them to put together what basically everyone is crying out for, a 2.6 tonne machine with dual two way proportional auxiliary circuits, additional guarding, led lighting package and trailer ready to go to work.

This I'm certain is the ideal base for people to add Timber or Selector grabs, Augers, Breakers etc etc whilst having suitable guarding and lighting for working in this environment.

Hopefully they will consider such a setup?

The Kubota U27-4 is incredibly sought after at present, but this lacks the dual two way proportional auxiliary that makes life with a grab so much nicer.

However I've pointed this out to those that matter, and hopefully it will be available as an option going forward.

The Volvo is an extremely strong package at present, with all the boxes ticked in terms of options.

If the deal is right I'd have no issue with the Neuson, and if their new 8 tonner loves up to the specs/images it's going to be a game changer for them I'm certain?

Eddie.

I was looking at the specs on different machines a couple of weeks back, and the neuson ticked all the boxes for me, a bloke I worked with years ago demoed one probably about 1999/2000 and was impressed with it. No experience of the current models but CAT sell them badge engineered as their own, up to 2.7 / 3 ton so can't be too bad.

Did not realise CAT re badged them- have a demo booked next week on the 2.8t model- cab is quite spacious for a zero swing machine with very little complicated electronics to give issues. Do a lot of work on an estate in Oxfordshire and everything is on a slope so would be nice to be sat upright instead of having your tea slopping out of the cup holder:laugh1:

They have a huge push on that concept, and I know how keen the deal is at present.

How do I know? I was down talking to Wacker Neuson about their latest 8 tonne machine, and the largest plant hirer in our area strolled in to cast his eye over the exact same as yourself due to the current offer.

He's a CAT man through and through, but he knew all too well, apart from a few mods CAT have, like actually smaller bucket pins, the Neuson is pretty much the same and remarkably well built.

CAT don't have access to the tilting undercarriage, so its a big plus for Neuson if you need it.

It's been said a few times now on here Neuson are really making huge advances in the UK, and have a really refreshing attitude, plus extremely high specification kit.

I've spoke at length with them to put together what basically everyone is crying out for, a 2.6 tonne machine with dual two way proportional auxiliary circuits, additional guarding, led lighting package and trailer ready to go to work.

This I'm certain is the ideal base for people to add Timber or Selector grabs, Augers, Breakers etc etc whilst having suitable guarding and lighting for working in this environment.

Hopefully they will consider such a setup?

The Kubota U27-4 is incredibly sought after at present, but this lacks the dual two way proportional auxiliary that makes life with a grab so much nicer.

However I've pointed this out to those that matter, and hopefully it will be available as an option going forward.

The Volvo is an extremely strong package at present, with all the boxes ticked in terms of options.

If the deal is right I'd have no issue with the Neuson, and if their new 8 tonner loves up to the specs/images it's going to be a game changer for them I'm certain?

Eddie.

Had a look at one in the flesh today, torn between the 2.8t and the 3.4t- transport is not an issue has have a 10t truck.

The boom and bucket pins are certainty of a meaty design, the 2 sets of proportional hydraulics on the sticks seem much nicer to use than my old rocker foot pedal .

We do a reasonable amount of brash raking on slopes so levelling the cab combined with a tilt rake should make a nice working environment - cab looked easy to guard up too.

Been quoted less than 21k plus vat for the 2.8t with all the extras including 3 buckets on a Klac hitch, offered me 11.5 for the KX61 with 1700hrs, kubota wanted nearly 5k to put one extra service on my machine- seems a no brainier to me:001_smile:

Had a look at one in the flesh today, torn between the 2.8t and the 3.4t- transport is not an issue has have a 10t truck.

The boom and bucket pins are certainty of a meaty design, the 2 sets of proportional hydraulics on the sticks seem much nicer to use than my old rocker foot pedal .

We do a reasonable amount of brash raking on slopes so levelling the cab combined with a tilt rake should make a nice working environment - cab looked easy to guard up too.

Been quoted less than 21k plus vat for the 2.8t with all the extras including 3 buckets on a Klac hitch, offered me 11.5 for the KX61 with 1700hrs, kubota wanted nearly 5k to put one extra service on my machine- seems a no brainier to me:001_smile:

Now go back and tell them you'll take the larger model if they will do you the Powertilt on the end of the dipper!:biggrin:

It's a real tidy setup and will transform your work.

I'm certain there are top and screen guards already available, but like I say I was doing my best to encourage them to offer a straightforward package for this type of work with a guarding and LED lighting package to suit.

Your Kx61 will sell all day long on here let alone anywhere else, and anyone who manages to get hold of a Kubota U27-4, they are so sought after they would probably go up in money at present!

I have perhaps mentioned it before, but anyone remotely interested there will be a serious amount of kit at the Plantworx show and there are always show deals to be had.

Eddie.