Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

thats Eddies machine

It certainly is Stephen!

She's been on her holidays for a few repairs/mods/tweaks ready for the season, and as of Friday is back in action hopefully better than ever.

Plenty of new ideas hopefully working there way through, but it all costs and has to be paid for!

She certainly is a handy bit of kit alright!:thumbup:

We took the time to spool the rope back onto the winch correctly, and boy has she got some 20mm rope on it!

You can see it down the track connected to a huge lump of 20 tonne Excavator Root Rake just to drag in and keep things nice and tight.

Eddie.

59766d61735a8_kubwinch2.jpg.d532f714df89326cba0bd5fdf15f12cc.jpg

59766d6172107_kubwinch1.jpg.27f1f89b3125f3e88cc6b762dfb70fda.jpg

59766d61709c5_kubback.jpg.a49b30ae895601a6705d5d6b00f0b7ae.jpg

Can see why you want a winch to pull out that cable!

Such a good looking machine, get some videos up of her working soon Eddie.

Greg's face goes as long as that rope at the mere mention of unspooling it!:thumbup:

Not often it get used, but the reassurance it gives when required is well worth having it fitted.

I have a bit of a special project coming up, so I might ask a friend to come along with his drone setup to capture a bit of action.

Eddie.

I was on an 8 ton Hitachi with engcon head for nearly 2 weeks building hill roads Eddie, really cool and handy but seriously effects the power of the machine and speed. side push was non existent.

After using it, i now dont have it as far up my wish list.

I was on an 8 ton Hitachi with engcon head for nearly 2 weeks building hill roads Eddie, really cool and handy but seriously effects the power of the machine and speed. side push was non existent.

After using it, i now dont have it as far up my wish list.

Spoken like a true 2 week user Stephen with the greatest respect!

I don't know the setup because you'd have to send me a picture, but there are some total horrors out there, caused by people who simply want to dumb the system down to a cost by utilising existing quick hitches buckets etc.

This can result in huge build heights/weights which can obviously have negative impacts like you experienced.

Simple fact is you would need 300 plus hours even as a reasonably experienced Operator to get towards the best out of the system, and even then almost every operation can be done differently usually to great increases in productivity.

The Hitachi is not overly powerful, except on the tracking.

Eddie.

It was the lack of power that was frustrating. Everything else was very impressive and the advantages over a standard set up is emmense.:001_smile:

I jumped on a 13 tonner for 30 mins loading dumpers and was blown away by the speed and power! The experienced operators on site even commented on the lack of power of the 8 with the head on so not just my lack of experience on it.:blushing:

They were also commenting on the extra stresses on the slew ring, what are your thoughts on that.

working on a site just now that has 4 encons and in the right hands its amazing what they can do ,15 ton duck with forks on is the most versatile forklift ever, another duck landscaping where it really comes into its own, a tracked 14 tonnes cleaning rock in front of drilling and blasting and another laying pipes where all the pipe bedding actually goes round the pipe!! downsides -the one on the duck makes it a bit front heavy , no good for narrow drains as the tilt rams are wider than the bucket,break out force with bucket crowd not as good as bucket so far away from where it "should" be although they are not meant for heavy digging

as for damaging slew ring you will fail your "ticket" if you sidesweep during your test for that reason though it looks ok if the bucket is turned 90

all in all great bits of kit in right hands and most situations there is always a fight in the mornings as to who is going to workalongside the good operators