The law on customers

TREE-SURGEON-ESSEX

Hi first time i have had this but here it is.

Customer asks for the tree to be removed, so i remove the tree only. Customer calls to say they would also want the stump removed after the job has been done explaining that it should be included even if it is not specifically asked for ?. They assumed it was in with the price.

I say it is a separate job and you did not ask for the stump to be removed but ill do it at cost because im a top chap, the customer is trying not to pay for the tree removal ?. Where do i stand. :biggrin:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always put 'fell and flush cut' on the quote Tel. I've also got conditions of contract on the back of every quote form which states this and that the depth of any stumpgrind will be 6-8" bgl. I think polite but firm is the way....but don't let 'em get away with it!

I wouldn't do any further work for them ie remove the stump until the tree has been paid for.

There is no reason not to pay this if the work has been done whats to say they are going to pay after the grinding?

They sound like jobs worths who are not worth working for stand your ground and get your money .

Best of luck with it.

I think the client is splitting hairs here and trying it on.in my world removal of tree would be down to ground level and that would not include stump that would be a separate price if not already specified in original quote that price included stump removel.